(Redirected from Risaralda)Jump to navigation Jump to search
has many natural resources including mercury, gold, silver, coal, sulfer, zinc, and many other minerals.
is very well known for the high quality of its coffee, and a booming industry: clothes, food, trading of goods and services. The territory is very mountainous and has many kinds of climate in a very small area. It a fast growing economic center.
Cities and towns
- 3 Armenia
- 4 Calarca
- 5 Quimbaya
- 6 Salento — A sleepy little town of 4000 or so inhabitants, perched on a hill in "La Zona Cafetera", 24 km from Armenia and 60 km from Pereira (pronounced Pay Ray Da), beside the valley of the river Quindío, after which the department (state) of Quindío is named.
- 7 Valle de Cocora
- 10 Ibagué — "the musical city of Colombia" is home to one of the nation's classic conservatoriums
- 11 Melgar — a popular weekend retreat for the inhabitants of Bogota
- Los Nevados close to Manizales is where you have to go if you want to touch snow or if you want to see that one can climb an altitude of 5000 m by car.
- The Farm of Noe
- Otun Lake
- Hot springs of Santa Rosa de Cabal
- Marked Stones of Alto del Toro
- Natural park "Los Nevados"
- Natural Reserve "Otun - Quimbaya"
- Orchids Garden Tsubota
- To the north-west of Quindío's capital lies the spectacular Valle de Cocora where visitors can walk amongst forests of the world's tallest palm tree and the national tree of Colombia; the wax palm.
- For further natural excursions, the expansive Los Nevados National Park provides high mountain peaks, topped with snow; the perfect habitat for the elusive but majestic Andean Condor.
- The National Coffee Farm offers theme-park rides and tours
- The Panaca animal petting farm
- The "Mariposario" or Butterfly Park