Picturesque Riva lies on the northern shores of Lake Garda at the foot of Mt. Brione. Because of its scenic beauty, warm and sunny climate, and direct rail access from Austria and Bavaria, Riva is a hub for international tourism. Since the second half of the 19th century the town became popular with European royalty and American billionaires. Crown Prince of Austria-Hungary Francesco Ferdinando, Russian Great Duchess Olga Alexandrova and American businessman Alfred Vanderbilt I, were frequent visitors to this charming lakeside town. Lavish buildings surrounded by evergreen parks were constructed to accommodate and entertain Riva's distinguished guests. Still today the majority of visitors are German and Russian nationality
- 1 Ufficio Informazioni Riva del Garda, Largo Medaglie d’Oro al Valor Militare, 5, ☎ . May-Sep 9.00-19.00; Oct-Apr Mo-Fr 9.00-18.00, Sa-Su 9.30-12.30, 14.00-18.00.
- 1 Palazzo Pretorio (Municipio). dating from 1375
- 2 Torre Apponale. The Apponale Tower is a landmark of Riva. It is the medieval belfry Torre Apponale dating from 13th century. It is possible to ascend the 165 steps that lead to the top of the tower. € 2,00.
- 3 Rocca Scaligera (Rocca di Riva), 3/A, Piazza Cesare Battisti, ☎ . An old fortress surrounded by a moat with a drawbridge currently houses Museo di Riva del Garda (MAG) the civic museum. There are 3 permanent exhibitions there. The Picture Gallery includes landscape paintings by 19th-century artists.
- 4 Chiesa dell'Inviolata, Largo Medaglie d'Oro, 5, ☎ , . Church of the Inviolata is a good example of Baroque architecture designed by a Portuguese architect.
- The Path of Ponale, (or Alpine trail D 01), running from Riva to 1 Ledro Lake, is the easiest and most rewarding of all the trekking routes. It's a former highway constructed between 1848 and 1851 and closed to traffic in 1998. Due to its immense popularity, the track has been reopened in 2004.
- 2 Busatte-Tempesta path - easy panoramic path starting at the adventure park.
- 3 Nago's giant kettle, A path from Nago will lead you to the "Marmitte dei Giganti", glacial excavation wells dating back from the Quaternary era.
- 4 Mount Baldo is accessible through a network of panoramic routes or through a cable car from the village of 5 Malcesine.
- Riva Music Festival.
- Garda Jazz Festival.
- 1 Ristorante Il Veliero. Yummy pizzas backed in the oven
- 1 [dead link] Marina Beach Club. The most glamorous dance club in town
- 2 Sailing Bar, 136, Viale Rovereto (Saint Nicolo Marina), ☎ . Cocktails bar
- 1 Benacus Youth Hostel, 14, Piazza Cavour, ☎ .
- 2 Al Lago Camping, 112, Viale Rovereto, ☎ .
- 3 Bavaria Camping, 100, Viale Rovereto, ☎ .
- Residence Trieste, 17, Via Fiume, ☎ .
- 4 Lido Palace Hotel, 10 , Via Carducci. 5-star hotel
- 5 Du Lac et Du Parc Grand Resort, 44, Viale Rovereto. 4-star hotel
- Hotel Savoy Palace Riva del Garda, 10, Via Longa, ☎ . 4-star hotel
- Grand Hotel Liberty, 3/5, Viale Carducci. 4-star hotel
- Astoria Park Hotel, 9, Viale Trento. 4-star hotel