Rizal region is in the Luzon region of the Philippines. It is a province located to the east of Metro Manila with boundaries of the westernmost towns and cities of Cainta and Taytay blurring into the city of Pasig in the capital region. While becoming increasingly urbanized since the past few decades, it holds some rich secrets in both cultures and sights that are untouched by heavy and popular tourism yet are beauties of their own to be enjoyed.
Due to its proximity from Manila, Rizal is becoming an increasingly good residential option for city-bound professionals and students who opt to stay at close proximity to the center of action (Manila) yet far enough to allow occasional peace and quiet (which is becoming increasingly hard to get nowadays).
- 1 Antipolo , provincial capital, location of the Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage as well as restaurants overlooking Metro Manila
- Angono - Home of the annual Higantes Festival
- Pililla -
- Rodriguez- formerly called Montalban, it is the location of Wawa Dam, which once supplied water for Metro Manila.
- San Mateo
- Tanay - Ecotourism destination on the slope of the Sierra Madre
Rizal, being part of the Southern Tagalog region, has Tagalog (the main basis of Filipino) as the language for everyday transactions though English is more than a second language to most people (especially to the professionals and the younger ones).
- Cathedrale of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, Antipolo, Rizal (right at the Antipolo city centre, public transportation access). The cathedral of our lady of peace and good voyage (Nuestra Senora de la Paz y Buen Viaje) is a popularly visited church by travelers who are about to embark on far away trips and other well-wishers and devotees. The actual image is said to have come from Mexico and has survived the trip despite a fire erupting on the Galleon. A small museum behind the main cathedral shows the history of the church, the image as well as the festivals held in the month of May (where lots of devotees flock to visit the cathedral). One can also offer a candle for loved ones or friends who are in faraway lands or about to take a trip out of town or the country.
- "Fried Itik" (Fried Duck) from Angono
- [dead link] Thunderbird Resort Rizal, Eastridge Avenue, ☎ . A/C rooms equipped with mini-bar, cable TV, coffee/tea maker and free wi-fi access. Some of its facilities and services are business center, swimming pool, and casino. From ₱3990.