Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rožňava is a city in Gemer.
- 1 Train station (Center of the city). Express trains to Bratislava, Zvolen and Košice
- 2 Bus station. Connections to major cities as well as surrounding villages.
- 1 Námestie Baníkov (Miners place). Big plaza in the historic center of the city which is in fact square-shaped.
- 2 Watchtower (In the middle of the plaza). This tower of 38m from half of 17th century served to protect the town from the Turkish invasion. It is the symbol of the city.
- 3 Cathedral of the Assumption of St. Mary (Katedrála Nanebovzatia Panny Márie). The church was completed in 1304. Between the 15th and 16th centuries, the church underwent important reconstructions. The church has been the cathedral of the Diocese of Rožňava since 1776.
- 4 Parish church of St. Anne. Baroque church from 1733.
- 5 Lutheran church. Built between 1784 and 1786.
- 6 City Hall. Has served this function since 1810.
- 7 Banícke múzeum (Mining museum), ☏ . Exhibition on mining in the region. 2.5€.
- 8 Galéria Baníckeho múzea (Gallery of the mining museum), ☏ .
- 1 Kaltenecker brewery (Behind the Shell gas pump), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The brewery produces approx. 30 types of beer. Beer tastings are possible, and there is a restaurant nearby.
Krásnohorské Podhradie and Betliar near Slovak Karst National Park