Rochester Hills is located in the east central portion of the Oakland County region in Michigan. Visitors are able to use an assortment of transportation methods such as by vehicle, bicycle, or foot.
- Rochester Hills Museum, 1005 Van Hoosen Rd., ☎ . open to the public Friday through Saturday 1:00PM to 4:00PM or by appointment.. Van Hoosen Farms is a 16 acre complex which was home to the Taylor Van Hoosen Family dating back to the early 1820s. This dairy barn, originally restored in 1927, provides delicate information on the settlement, industry, evolution of Rochester Hills, and agriculture including several artifacts. Rochester Hills Museums' mission to preserve and collect its history for present and future generations. Admission costs in order to enter is $5 for adults & $3 for seniors/students. An annual membership is also available which includes free entry, special event & speaker invites..
Rochester Hills offers a variety of events, parks, libraries, museums, & stores.
- Bloomer & Yates Park, ☎ . Park Hours are currently 8:00AM to Dusk.. a 200 acre park located at 345 John R. Road which provides: Picnic areas, Volleyball nets, Horse Shoe Games, Hiking/Mountain Trails, Restrooms, Cross Country Skiing & Fishing. Bloomer & Yates Park Pass is available at a price of $30.00 USD..
- Thelma G. Spencer Park & Beach, ☎ . Beach opens starting Memorial Day Weekend til Labor Day. Lifeguards are on duty during park hours which is 10:00AM to Dusk. Rowboats & Paddle boats are accessible as well.. is a 113 acre park with a 38 acre lake located at 3701 John R. Road. This park & beach offers an accessible fishing pier, picnic areas with charcoal grills, play structures, tennis courts, sand volleyball court, horseshoe pits, wooden nature paths, & modern restrooms. Some activities include: swimming, fishing, picnicking, ice skating, cross-country skiing, & hiking.
- Borden Park. is a 143 acre park located at 1400 E. Hamlin Road which provides: 4 Softball/Baseball fields, 5 Full Size Soccer fields, Multipurpose field, 4 Tennis Courts, 3 Basketball Courts, 7 Station Batting Cages, 2 Roller Rinks, Picnic tables, Fitness Loop, Vending Machines, & Restrooms. Borden Park is most famous for it's yearly festival which takes place on June 27th ending the day with a bright firework show.
- Black Heath Golf Club, 3311 Rochester Rd, ☎ . serving all of Rochester Hills for a pleasant 18 Hole Game. This golf course provides a variety set of games, memberships, tee times, & rates.
- The Festival of The Hills: Located at 1400 E. Hamlin Road, The Festival of The Hills is an annual festival of fireworks which takes place on June 27th each year at Borden Park. This festival is known to be Rochester Hills' major event of the year attracting thousands of visitors each year. The event usually begins at 6:00 pm starting with family games and live entertainment. This family friendly event is Michigan's 2nd largest fireworks show beginning usually around 10:00 pm each year. A few tips before attending this event: Arrive early in order to avoid traffic & bring an umbrella..Rain or Shine this tradition will occur each year. For more information please contact the festival hotline at 248.841.BOOM.
Rochester Hills provides several hundred chain restaurants. Some of the city's famous restaurants include:
- Kruse & Muer Quality Foods Inc., 327 S. Main Street. Voted City's Most Favorite Restaurant. Offers a variety of courses
- C K Diggs Bar & Grill, 2010 W. Auburn Road. Best Brews.a family owned & operated American Bistro
- Yates Cider Mill, 1990 E. Avon Road. Family favorite, a water-powered mill which presses Michigan Apples into pasteurized apple cider.
- Lebanese Grill, 2783 Rochester Rd S (Hampton Village Centre), ☎ . Good east Mediterranean food.