Rochester Hills is in the east central portion of Oakland County.
- Rochester Hills Museum, 1005 Van Hoosen Rd., ☏ . F Sa 1-4PM or by appointment.. Van Hoosen Farms is a 16-acre complex which was home to the Taylor Van Hoosen Family dating back to the early 1820s. This dairy barn, restored in 1927, provides detailed information on the settlement, industry, evolution of Rochester Hills, and agriculture including several artifacts. $5 adults, $3 for seniors/students.
Rochester Hills offers a variety of events, parks, libraries, museums, & stores.
- Bloomer & Yates Park, ☏ . 8AM-dusk. A 200-acre park at 345 John R. Road which provides: picnic areas, volleyball nets, horse shoe games, hiking/mountain trails, restrooms, cross country skiing & fishing. Bloomer & Yates Park Pass is available at a price of $30.
- Thelma G. Spencer Park & Beach, 3701 John R. Road, ☏ . Beach: Memorial Day weekend til Labor Day; lifeguards are on duty during park hours 10AM-dusk. A 113-acre park with a 38-acre lake. This park & beach offers an accessible fishing pier, picnic areas with charcoal grills, play structures, tennis courts, sand volleyball court, horseshoe pits, wooden nature paths, & modern restrooms. Some activities include: swimming, fishing, picnicking, ice skating, cross-country skiing, & hiking. Rowboats & paddle boats are available.
- Borden Park, 1400 E. Hamlin Road. A 143-acre park with 4 softball/baseball fields, 5 full size soccer fields, multipurpose field, 4 tennis courts, 3 basketball courts, 7 station batting cages, 2 roller rinks, picnic tables, fitness loop, vending machines, & restrooms. Borden Park has a yearly festival which takes place on June 27th ending the day with a bright firework show.
- Black Heath Golf Club, 3311 Rochester Rd, ☏ . Serving all of Rochester Hills for a pleasant 18-hole course. This golf course provides a variety set of games, memberships, tee times, & rates.
- The Festival of The Hills: 1400 E. Hamlin Road. The Festival of The Hills is an annual festival of fireworks which takes place on June 27th each year at Borden Park. This festival is known to be Rochester Hills' major event of the year attracting thousands of visitors each year. The event usually begins at 6PM starting with family games and live entertainment. This family friendly event is Michigan's 2nd largest fireworks show beginning usually around 10PM each year. A few tips before attending this event: arrive early in order to avoid traffic & bring an umbrella. Rain or shine this tradition will occur each year. For more information please contact the festival hotline at +1 248 841-BOOM.
Rochester Hills provides several hundred chain restaurants. Some of the city's famous restaurants include:
- Kruse & Muer Quality Foods Inc., 327 S. Main Street. Voted City's Most Favorite Restaurant. Offers a variety of courses.
- C K Diggs Bar & Grill, 2010 W. Auburn Road. A family-owned & -operated American bistro.
- Yates Cider Mill, 1990 E. Avon Road. Family favorite, a water-powered mill which presses Michigan apples into pasteurized apple cider.
- Lebanese Grill, 2783 Rochester Rd S (Hampton Village Centre), ☏ . Good east Mediterranean food.