Rock Springs is the biggest city in Sweetwater County in Southwest Wyoming. It had a population of 23,000 in 2019. Rock Springs' nickname is: "Home of 52 Nationalities".
Rock Springs sits 6,388 ft above sea level. Its location makes the weather difficult to predict and very hard to understand. Many days will be very windy and blow everything away. This strong gusts mixed with snow can make a very difficult day to drive around or across town.
- Rock Springs - Sweetwater County Airport (RKS) (7 miles east of Rock Springs, taking Exit 111 over Interstate 80), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Non-stop service from Gillette on Delta, and from Denver and on United Express.
- The primary way to enter the city of Rock Springs is through Interstate 80. It is about 3 hours east of Salt Lake City, UT.
- Other ways to enter Rock Springs are: WY 191, WY 430 and WY 373.
- Greyhound, 1695 Sunset Dr Suite 118, ☏ . M-F 10:30AM - noon and 3PM - 6PM.
- [dead link] Western Wyoming Community College Dinosaur Exhibit, 2500 College Drive (Exit 103 on Interstate 80), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 8AM to 10PM. Donations.
- 1 Point of Rocks Stage Station State Historic Site, ☏ .
- Rock Springs Historical Museum, 201 B St.
- 1 White Mountain Mall, 2441 Foothill Blvd, ☏ . M-F 10AM to 9PM, Sa 10AM to 7PM, Su 10AM to 6PM.
- Plaza Shopping Center, 1429 1/2 Dewar Dr, ☏ . 10AM to 8PM.
- Walmart, 201 Gateway Blvd, ☏ . 8AM to midnight.
- Cowboy Crepes & Cafe, 617 Broadway St, Ste B, ☏ . Savory and sweet crepes, house made pastas and paninis.
- Broadway Burger Station, 628 Broadway St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Square State Brewing, 422 S Main St, ☏ .
- 1 Best Western Outlaw Inn, 1630 Elk St, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon.
- Hampton Inn, 1901 Dewar Dr, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Indoor pool, breakfast, and WiFi. Pet friendly. Non-smoking.
Vernal- 191 South. About 2 hours away.
Grand Teton- 191 North. About 3½ hours away.
Rawlins- 80 East. About 1 hour 45 minutes away.
Evanston- 80 West. About 1½ hours away.
Kemmerer- 80 West to 30 West. About 85 minutes away.
|Routes through Rock Springs|
|Salt Lake City/Pocatello ← Green River ←||W E||→ Rawlins → Cheyenne|
|Grand Teton N.P. ← Jackson ←||N S||→ Flaming Gorge N.R.A. → Vernal|