Rock Springs is located Southwest Wyoming. Rock Springs is the biggest city in Sweetwater County with a population of 18,708 at the 2000 census. Rock Springs nickname is: "Home of 52 Nationalities".
Rock Springs is located 6,388 ft above sea level. Its location makes the weather difficult to predict and very hard to understand. Many days will be very windy and blow everything away. This strong gusts mixed with snow can make a very difficult day to drive around or across town.
- Rock Springs - Sweetwater County Airport (RKS), P. O. Box 1987, Rock Springs, Wyoming, 82901-1987 (7 miles east of Rock Springs. Taking Exit 111 over Interstate 80.), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Delta has non-stop service to Delta and Gillette and on United Express to Denver.
- The primary way to enter the city of Rock Springs is through Interstate 80. Located about 3 hours away east from Salt Lake City, UT.
- Other ways to enter Rock Springs are: WY 191, WY 430 and WY 373.
- Greyhound, 1695 SUNSET DR STE 118, ☏ . M-F (10:30AM - 12PM) and (3PM - 6PM).
- [dead link] Western Wyoming Community College Dinosaur Exhibit, 2500 College Drive, Rock Springs, Wy. 82901 (Exit 103 on Interstate 80), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 8AM to 10PM. Donations.
- 1 White Mountain Mall, 2441 Foothill Blvd, ☏ . 10AM to 9PM (7PM SAT; 6PM SUN).
- Plaza Shopping Center, 1429 1/2 Dewar Dr, ☏ . 10AM to 8PM.
- Walmart, 201 Gateway Blvd, ☏ . 8AM to 12PM.
Vernal- 191 South. About 2 hours away.
Grand Teton- 191 North. About 3 1/2 hours away.
Rawlins- 80 East. About 1 hour 45 minutes away.
Evanston- 80 West. About 1 1/2 hours away.
Kemmerer- 80 West to 30 West. About 85 minutes away.
|Routes through Rock Springs|
|Salt Lake City/Pocatello ← Green River ←||W E||→ Rawlins → Cheyenne|
|Grand Teton N.P. ← Jackson ←||N S||→ Flaming Gorge N.R.A. → Vernal|