Rawlins is a city in Southeast Wyoming.
Rawlins is on Interstate 80, the primary east/west road in the lower part of the state. There is a Greyhound bus station in town.
- 1 Wyoming Frontier Prison Museum, 500 West Walnut, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. The Old Wyoming State Penitentiary, in use from 1901–81, offers guided tours through cell blocks, the cafeteria, the grounds and the Death House.
- South of Rawlins about 35 miles is the Medicine Bow National Forest. This is a large and very beautiful national forest with lots of wildlife, scenic views and some of the most undisturbed nature in the United States. This forest extends south all the way into Steamboat Springs Colorado. There are a few camping sites with more on the way.
- 1 Rose's Lariat, 410 E Cedar (Downtown Rawlins), ☏ . Tu-Sa 11AM-7PM. A great Mexican / western diner. It serves great green chili.
- 2 Anong's, 210 5th St (Downtown Rawlins), ☏ . Mo-Sa: Lunch 11:AM-3PM, Diner 5PM-9PM; Su Lunch 11:AM-3PM, Diner 5PM-8PM. Thai Restaurant. serves the best and only Thai for about 100 miles in any direction. Anong's also has restaurants in Laramie and Cheyenne.
- 3 Su Casa, 705 Lincoln Ave (in Sinclair, a small town about 5 miles east of Rawlins on Interstate 80.), ☏ . Mo-Su 11AM-7PM. Mexican Food.
- 4 Aspen House, 318 5th St., ☏ . Mo-Su 5PM-9PM. It has steaks and salads. Good service and specials on the menu.
- 1 Hampton Inn, 406 Airport Rd, ☏ .
- 2 Rodeway Inn, 1500 West Spruce St, ☏ , fax: .
- 3 Comfort Inn & Suites, 2366 East Cedar St, ☏ .
- 4 Econo Lodge, 1801 East Cedar St, ☏ , fax: .
- 5 Days Inn, 2222 East Cedar St, ☏ .
- The Lodge hotel has free WiFi throughout the hotel and restaurant, secured by a really long WEP key.
Cheyenne- 80 East. About 2 1/2 hours away.
Denver- 80 East to 25 South. About 4-5 hours away.
Yellowstone- 287 North. About 5 hours away. Be careful driving in the winter!
Rock Springs- 80 West. About 1-2 hours away.
|Routes through Rawlins|
|Salt Lake City ← Rock Springs ←||W E||→ Laramie → Cheyenne|
|Pocatello ← Rock Springs ←||W E||→ Medicine Bow → Laramie|
|Grand Teton N.P. ← Lander ←||W E||→ Medicine Bow → Laramie|