Walk, Bike, Snowmobile, or ATV
- 1 Sinks Canyon State Park (6 miles southwest of Lander), ☏ . An underground river through a limestone cavern. It goes into the Sinks and comes out at a pool called the Rise.
- Fremont County Museum. Complex on the west end of Lander, historic structures, log cabins and Native American dances during summer months.
Rock Climbers Festival 4th of July Parade, buffalo BBQ and Rodeo
Drive the scenic Loop Road from Sinks Canyon to Louis Lake then out to South Pass, past Red Canyon and return to Lander. 80 miles, 20 miles of dirt road in the Shoshone National Forest. Plan on making several stops to explore the area.
Lander has many great locally owned restaurants to serve a wide variety of tastes and budgets.
- The Breadboard, 1350 Main St, ☏ . The Breadboard offers a variety of fresh and delicious sub sandwiches. It is a bit more expensive than Subway, but well worth it! The bread is homemade from scratch and excellent.
- Wildflour Bagels and Expresso, 545 Main St, ☏ . Wildflour is another fantastic sandwich shop. They serve excellent breakfast and lunch sandwiches, as well as a wide variety of other baked goods, coffee drinks, and Italian sodas. Sandwiches can be made on bagels or exploding cheese bread - a house specialty where cheese is mixed in the dough before it is baked. Prices are very reasonable.
- Tony's Pizza, 637 West Main St, ☏ . Tony's Pizza has great pizza, pasta, and salads. During the summer months, you can dine on the rooftop. Sometimes, when the restaurant is busy, the service can be a bit slow, but it is always very friendly!
- El Sol de Mexico, ☏ . Great Mexican food, especially for a small town in Wyoming.
- Gannett Grill and The Cowfish, 126 Main St, ☏ . The Gannett Grill is part of The Lander Bar and the Cowfish. Gannett serves great bar food: burgers, pizza, sandwiches, and salad. A burger with great fries costs around $8-$10. Also offers a wide selection of microbrews also.There is a great patio shared with the Cowfish for outdoor dining in the summer months.
- The Cowfish. A higher end restaurant that serves locally grown steaks and seafood. This is a great place to go in Lander to treat yourself! Dinner entrees cost around $28+. Also offers a wide selection of microbrews also.There is a great patio shared with Gannett for outdoor dining in the summer months.
- The Hitchin' Rack, 785 E Main St, ☏ . "The Rack" is another great steakhouse. Wonderful atmosphere and great food. It has a small but adequate salad bar that always has excellent soups!
- Asian Cuisine, 140 North 7th St, ☏ . This small restaurant has great food from a variety of Asian countries.
- China Garden, 162 North 6th St, ☏ . The China Garden has very good Chinese food and is very reasonably priced.
- Lander Bar.
- Louis Lake Lodge, ☏ . Authentic log cabins in the Shoshone National Forest.
- Pronghorn Lodge.
South Pass City
- South Pass City Historic Site, 125 South Pass Main St (34 miles S of Lander on Hwy 28), ☏ . A former gold mining ghost town on the Oregon Trail, abandoned in the 1950s. $4.
- Sinks Canyon State Park
|Routes through Lander|
|Grand Teton N.P. ← Dubois ←||NW SE||→ Rawlins → Laramie|