Rosenheim has one train station, where regional, national and international trains take you to your desired destination.
- 1 Rosenheim railway station (Bahnhof Rosenheim).
Rosenheim can be reached on the motorway A8 (Munich - Salzburg (Austria)), exit 'Rosenheim'.
Distance from Munich to Rosenheim is 70 km, from Salzburg to Rosenheim it's about 90 km
Generally speaking, it is easy to get around the city center by foot or bike. Especially during the summer months, visitors can rent a bike at the Weißer Rabe, which is located in front of the train station and operated by unemployed people and they offer bike repair and rent.
For longer distances, Rosenheim has a very well developed bus system. Besides regional bus lines, there are 12 city lines and 4 night lines.
The whole city centre of Rosenheim is a historical place worth visiting.
- Nikolaus Church, Ludwigsplatz. The main church in Rosenheim.
- Loreto Chapel, Ebersberger Street. Like all the other loreto chapels, this is a copy of the Basilica della Santa Casa, a popular Catholic pilgrimage site in Loreto, Italy.
- Holy Blood, Heilig-Blut-Street. The former pilgrimage church in the south of the city has a beautiful side altar.
- Historical city centre
- Beer Cellar at the Roxyberg.
- Holztechnisches Museum, Max-Josefs-Platz. A museum dedicated to wood and its use.
- Städtisches Museum, Ludwigsplatz. A museum showing how people were living in the town in earlier times.
- Inn-Museum, Inn street. Dedicated to the river Inn and its use and importance for the region and ships and shipbuilding. The Inn Museum's building (the Bruckbaustadel) is a beautiful historical building dated back to the 17th century.
- [dead link] Lokschuppen. At Rathaus street, usually has one exhibition at a time, which is usually well-known even outside the borders of Rosenheim. Previous exhibitions were about Dinosaurs, Mummies, Tibet, Bionic, Maya, the Desert.
- Starbulls Rosenheim. Watch a game of the local ice hockey team.
- Climb the Wendelstein or Kampenwand (beautiful view!)
- Drink coffee at Dinzler or Aran.
- Visit the herbstfest (Oktoberfest in Rosenheim) - information at the city website.
Eat and drink
- Beer Garden
- Flötzinger Löchl (Samer Street)
- Mailkeller (Roxyberg)
- Happinger Hof (in the south, close to the lakes)
- Vetternwirtschaft (pretty 'alternative', Äussere Münchner Street)
- Astabiergarten (Hubertus Street)
- Dinzler (Inn Street & Kunstmühle)
- Aran (Max-Josefs-Platz & Grüner Markt)
- Stadtcafe (close to Salingarten)
- Café Weth (the oldest cafe in Rosenheim, Max-Josefs-Platz)
- Weinhaus Zum Santa (Max-Josefs-Platz)
- Johann Auer (Grüner Markt)
- Auer Löchl (Kaiserstraße)
- Flötzinger Löchl (Max-Josefs-Platz)
- Ludwigshof (Grüner Markt)
- Fischküche (fish dishes, Gillitzer Street)
- L'Osteria (Hofbräu Building)
- Giornale (Max-Josefs-Platz)
- Pastavino (Salin Street)
- La Grappa (Roxyberg)
- Asian & Sushi
- Mikado (Max-Josefs-Platz)
- Hong Long (Central Bus Station - City Center)
- MaiTai (Hubertus Street)
- Fast Food
- Mc Donalds (Bahnhof Street)
- Subway (Bahnhof Street)
- Burger King (Münchner Street)
- Nordsee (fish Münchner Street)
- Maharadscha (Salinplatz)
- Coffee: Dinzler (Innstraße and Kunstmühle), Aran (Max-Josefs-Platz and Gruener Markt)
- Alcohol: Rizz (Hofbraeukomplex), Enchilada (Muenchnerstraße), Asta-Kneipe (Hubertusstr.)
- Huberwirt, Am Wasen 72, ☏ .
- Parkhotel Crombach, Kufsteiner Str. 2, ☏ .
- TRYP by Wyndham Rosenheim, Brixstr. 3, toll-free: .
- San Gabriele, Zellerhornstraße 16, ☏ .
- Bad Reichenhall
- Salzburg (city)
- Prien am Chiemsee
- Bad Aibling
- Chiemsee (lake)