Rugby is on Amtrak's Empire Builder line. Eastbound trains arrive daily about 7AM. Westbound trains arrive about 11PM.
If you come into town by train, you'll have to walk or hitch around town. There isn't any public transport, taxi service, or car rental. Not that this can be a bad thing if, say, you had a rail pass and wanted to spend a day in small-town North Dakota.
However, the more timid may want to take the train to Minot, rent a car, and circle back.
The Geographical Center of North America cairn, at the intersection of US 2 and ND 3. The actual center of the continent is some 6 miles west of nearby Balta, but you really have to be a stickler to get there.
- Spirit Lake Casino.
Rugby has a number of small shops, mostly located downtown, which is around the train station, and about 2 miles north of Highway 2.
- Borth's Department store, 116 2ND ST SE, ☏ .
- Hardware Hank, 200 2ND ST SW, ☏ .
- Leevers Foods, 215 2ND AVE SE, ☏ .
- Pamida, 225 HWY 2 East, ☏ .
- RUGBY Photo Processing, 217 Main Ave S, ☏ .
- Carol Ann's Teapot & Antiques, 107 Highway 2 Southwest, ☏ .
- Bob's Pizza Inn, Highway 2 East, ☏ .
- Coffee Cottage, 106 Highway 2 East, ☏ .
- Dairy Queen, 101 Highway 2 East, ☏ .
- Hub of America, 215 Hwy 2 SW, ☏ .
- Subway, 219 Hwy 2 SW, ☏ .
- Balta Bar & Grill, 202 Main Ave, Balta, ☏ .
- Eagles Order #3834, 2809 Highway 2 West, ☏ .
- Jester's Lounge, 215 S. Main Ave, ☏ .
- Econo Lodge, Highway 2 East, ☏ .
- The Hub Motel, Highway 2 East, ☏ .
- Oakwood Inn & Campground, Corner of Highway 2 and Highway 3, ☏ .
|Routes through Rugby|
|Spokane ← Minot ←||W E||→ Devils Lake → Fargo|
|Minot ← Towner ←||W E||→ Churchs Ferry → Grand Forks|
|Dunseith ← Jct E ← Jct E ←||N S||→ Balta → Steele|