For other destinations with the same name, see Samara (disambiguation).
- Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (LIR IATA), also called Liberia Costa Rica Airport, 13 km west of the city. Daily flights arrive in Liberia on several US airlines. Nature Air and Sansa Air, the domestic airlines also land here. A bus travels between the airport and city center 06:00-18:00.
A large public bus network services Liberia and connects it with San Jose, the beaches and the Nicaraguan border. You can take a bus from San Jose to Nicoya, and then to Samara. Buses travel to/from Nicoya-Samara about every hour and cost ₡1300. Buses from Liberia arrive to Nicoya at a different bus terminal than those that depart to Samara and other southbound locations, and you will have to walk about 10 minutes to the other terminal.
Liberia is at the cross section of the Inter American Highway that stretches throughout Central America and the Route 21 that heads to famous beaches such as Tamarindo. The route into town is a relatively pleasant drive on paved road from Nicoya. From points north, take Route 21 into Nicoya and then follow the signs to Sámara -- it's about two hours away from Liberia airport. From San José, the best route is through the Interamericana (Highway 1) north, then west along Route 18, across La Amistad de Taiwan bridge, then through Nicoya and into Sámara.
Public bus, bicycle or on foot. Samara Beach is a small beach town which allows for walking to most destinations.
A quick visit to Samara Costa Rica provides many opportunities for families to enjoy the reef protected beach. The horses walk this beach town unchecked. For safety reasons shoes should be worn at all times.
Rentals of surfboards and kayaks are available through various outfitters around town and along the beach. Also, several snorkeling, kayaking, and sportfishing tours are offered. The further you go from the beach entrance, the cheaper it is.
- Flying Crocodile Lodge (Flying Crocodile Lodge), Samara (Samara), ☏ . Each room of the lodge is decorated in a different style, they are spacious and up to 100 m². Spacious guest rooms, on-site restaurant, outdoor pool and billards
- Sámara Palm Lodge (Samara Palm Lodge), Sámara (50 mts del Banco Nacional oueste), ☏ . Sámara Palm Lodge is situated in a quiet and relaxing area a short walk to the village of Sámara and nearby beach. Pool, honesty bar, and free high-speed wireless-internet. Rooms with A/C & cable TV available for an extra $10/night. US$60.
- Bar Aloha Camping (At the extreme right of the beach). Nice camping in front of the beach, very friendly owners. They also have cabins. US$5 per person.
- [formerly dead link] Hostel Las Mariposas, ☏ . Las Mariposas is a charming, inexpensive hostel with lots of extra services in the town center of Sámara, 100 m from the beach and close to all the popular restaurants & bars. Full breakfast is available, wireless internet, hot shower and plenty of nice areas to relax. US$15.
Playa Carrillo is a lovely beach approximately 6 km south of town along paved road.