South America > Brazil > Southeast (Brazil) > Espírito Santo > North Coast (Espírito Santo) > São MateusJump to navigation Jump to search
São Mateus is in Espírito Santo.
- BR-101 north from Vitória and Linhares or south from Teixeira de Freitas, in Southern Bahia.
- BR-361 east from Nova Venécia
- ES-422 connects to Conceição da Barra to the north
- Barra Nova Beach.
- Ecclesiatical Museum of Sacred Art (Museu Eclesiástico de Arte Sacra), Avenida João XXIII, nº 586. A collection of sacred images from the 17th, 18th, 19, and 20th centuries.
- Igreja Matriz, Praça Municipal - Centro. Built by the Jesuits in 1764.
- Igreja de São Benedito, Praça São Benedito - Centro. Another Jesuit-built church from the 18th century.
- Igreja Velha. Ruins of an unfinished church. Construction was halted in 1853.
- Guriri Island. The most well-known beach destination, with over 20 km of sand.
- São Mateus History Museum (Museu Histórico Municipal), Praça Municipal - Centro. House in the former city council building constructed in 1764.
- São Mateus Port (Porto de São Mateus). The port features a complex of buildings constructed in the late 18th and 19th centuries.
|Routes through São Mateus|
|Cariacica ← Linhares ←||S N||→ Conceição da Barra → Teixeira de Freitas|