Sétif is a city in Northeast Algeria.
There are several buses connecting the city (from Algiers, Constantine, Batna, Ghardaia, Annaba and more). The bus stop is about 2 km from the town centre (the Ain El Foura fountain) and there are several cabs you can take to get there for about DA 100.
Setif also has an airport with local flights to and from Algiers and Oran and international flights to and from Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Mulhouse and Saint-Étienne in France and other cities in Europe like Basel in Switzerland.
- Djemila (bus via El Euelma (1.5 hours)). This very picturesque former Roman town is on the UNESCO World Heritage List and definitely worth a visit. It is possible to walk amongst the ruins and take a close look at the structures. However, there are no signs at the site, so a map or guide will be helpful. DA40.
- W11 (2 blocks east of the fountain and then turn south). One of the few places in Setif which serves alcohol, the food is some of the best you will find in Algeria outside of the capital.
In Setif city you can find plenty of hotels. Most of them are new and situated in the city hall or nearby. You can find also some cheaper hotels in the nearby city of El Eulma (20 km).
Ibis and Novotel Hotels: the first is 3 stars and the second is 4 stars.
Setif has also one 5-star hotel (Marriott Hotel), but as of May 2017, it is not yet open to the public.
- Hotel El Mokhtar (Two blocks east of the fountain Ain El Foura). The rooms include air-conditioning, TV, and wi-fi. DA4500 for two beds.
The city is well-connected by buses to several cities including:
- Algiers — 4 hours
- Constantine — 2 hours. DA200
- Ghardaia — 9 hours including a 30-minutes break. DA950