Sétif is a city in Northeast Algeria.
There are several buses connecting the city (from Algiers, Constantine, Batna, Ghardaia, Annaba and more). The bus stop is about 2km from the town centre (the Ain El Foura fountain) and there are several cabs you can take to get there for about 100DA.
Setif also has an airport with flights to and from Algiers.
- Djemila (bus via El Euelma (1.5 hours)). This very picturesque former Roman town is on the UNESCO World Heritage List and definitely worth a visit. It is possible to walk amongst the ruins and take a close look at the structures. However, there are no signs at the site, so a map or guide will be helpful. 40DA.
- W11 (2 blocks east of the fountain and then turn south). One of the few places in Setif which serves alcohol, the food is some of the best you will find in Algeria outside of the capital.
- Hotel El Mokhtar (Two blocks east of the fountain Ain El Foura). The rooms include air-conditioning, TV, and wi-fi. 4500DA for two beds.
The city is well-connected by buses to several cities including these:
- Algiers — 4 hours
- Constantine — 2 hours. 200DA
- Ghardaia — 9 hours including a 30-minutes break. 950DA