Constantine is a city in Northeast Algeria.
- 1 Mohamed Boudiaf Airport (CZL IATA). 9 km from city centre, provides several daily flights from other major European cities such as Paris, Geneva, Istanbul, Marseille, Brussels, Lille and Lyon. From the airport it is fairly easy to rent a car or take a shuttle to the city centre.
- 2 Constantine Train Station. The train station is near the city centre and it connected to all Algerian network & Tunisian destinations.
There are regular buses coming in from Algiers (5 hours) and Setif (2 hours).
- Skikda port. 80 km from the city center; connected to Marseille (France).
- Annaba port 150 km from the city center; connected to Marseille (France).
- Tunis port. 250 km from the city center; connected to Naples,Genova & Rome (Italy).
- Algiers port. 450 km from the city center; connected to Marseille & Sete (France), Naples (Italy),Barcelona & Alicante (Spain).
- Bejaia port. 250 km from the city center; connected to Marseille (France)
The city is framed by a deep ravine and has a dramatic appearance. The city is very picturesque with a number of bridges and a viaduct crossing the ravine.
- The city center bridges: this city is very famous for 7 bridges, especially the Gantaret El Hibal bridge which is the 2nd highest suspended bridge in the world. It's a perfect place to do a bungee jump.
- Gustave Mercier Museum (displays of ancient and modern art)
- Ben-Badis Mosque
- the Casbah
- Emir Abdel Kader University & Mosque
- Soumma Mausoleum, at Khroub
- the Palace of Ahmed Bey
- ruins of the Antonian Roman aqueduct
In the nearby are the Roman city of Tiddis and the megalithic monuments and burial grounds at Djebel Mazala Salluste.
- Emir Abd Elkader Mosque & University: the monument located in city center.
- 1 Théâtre Régional de Constantine Mohamed Tahar Fergani.
- 2 Bois de la Légion d'Honneur. Large park.
- 3 Salah Bey Viaduct. Futuristic looking viaduct crossing the Rhummel gorge, it is often considered the "eighth wonder" in a city with 7 bridges.
- 4 Sidi M'Cid Bridge (Pont Sidi M'Cid). 24/7. Suspension bridge, holding the record of the highest bridge in the world ad 175 m until 1929. Free.
- 5 Ahmed Bey Palace.
Constantine is very famous for its universities:
1- University of Constantine 1 Mentouri
2- University 1 Annex Zerzara
3- Islamic University Emir Abdelkader
4- University of Constantine 2 Mehri
5- University of Constantine 3 Boubnider
- Chewa. It's a variety of barbecue.
- Local Pizza.
- Tea with ment.
- Leben. A kind of heavy milk, itlooks like liquified yogourt.
Hotel Marriott Constantine Five-star hotel
- Hotel Cirta. Four-star hotel in city center. +213 31 219696 (closed for renovation as of February 2019)
- Hotel Protea Marriott. four-star hotel in city center
- Novotel hotel and Ibis Hotel are the closest accommodations to the “Casbah” or old city.
- 1 Tiddis, a Roman city and one of the most important archaeological sites in the region.