The town has no airport - the nearest is in Bastia, about 45 minutes' drive. There is no train station. You can arrive by boat as the town has a marina. There is a large free car park on the road towards the cathedral. There's paid parking for 1.20 euro per hour next to the marina.
A taxi from Bastia costs €68
- Bus connection to Bastia. goes once or twice a day (11:00,18:00 from Bastia, 6:45,14:00 from Saint-Florant) Mo-Sa. No departures on Sundays. €5.
It's a small place, so everywhere is accessible by foot.
The pretty harbour and harbourside restaurants. There's a citadel just behind the port.
- 1 Citadelle. 15. century tower € 1.5.
- . Sailing / kayaking from Plage de la Roya
- 1 Visit Wineries in Patrimonio.
Fish from the poissonerie.
There are many restaurants in St Florent, many specialising in seafood. Most of them offer a dish of the day for a reduced price (13-19 euros) at lunch or dinner.
Note that the supermarkets close just after noon and reopen in the late afternoon until 7 in the evening.
- 1 l’Auberge du Pêcheur, Route de Bastia (A little south of the tourist information.), ☏ . Excellent seafood in cozy garden. You enter the restaurant thought the fishmonger, Poissonnere de St Christophe. If you go to the harbor you might spot the fishing boat belonging to thm.
- 2 La Gaffe, ☏ . Classy seafood restaurant by the waterfront. Also wine and sushi lounge.
There are plenty of cafe-bars too.
- 1 La Vista. Lively and compenent bar with large outdoor area. Sometimes live music.
- 1 [dead link] Hotel Bellevue, Rue Principal (Along the main road from Bastia towards the city center), ☏ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. Friendly hotel with wifi in the common areas. Some English is spoken. start at 65/85 euro (low/high season).
- 2 Santa Maria, Lieu dit Cisternino, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Nice hotel with friently service. Free use of bicycles for guests. Free WiFi €130 excluding breakfast.
- 3 Madame Mere, ☏ . € 80.
The nearby village of Oletta has a wondeful 'auberge' which serves superb food with an even more amazing view.