From Bastia Airport, a bus runs almost every hour for €8 - timetable at the tourist information desk at the airport.
It is very busy during the summer, and it is always best to book early.
- 1 Ferry terminal, Gare Maritime.
- 2 Train terminal, Bastia, Pays Bastiais, Gare Ferroviaire CFC - Chemins de Fer Corse, Place de la gare, ☎ , , fax: .
There are bus services to/from Calvi, L'Île-Rousse, Saint-Florent on the North Western part of the island, Solenzara, Porto-Vecchio on the South East, occasional services to the Cap Corse on the North .
- 3 Bus terminal, Bastia, Pays Bastiais, Gare Routière de Bastia, 1 rue du Nouveau Port, 20200 (Just off the Place St Nicolas and the ferry terminal), ☎ .
The city bus network is operated by Société des Autobus Bastiais (Phone: 04 95 31 06 65 - Fax : 04 95 32 21 61).
A narrow gauge tramway suburbain service runs between the Bastia train terminal and the station of Casamoza on the South (close to Bastia airport).
- 1 Vieux Port. The Vieux Port ('Old Port') is a wonderful part of the city. Tall, faded buildings surround a marina with posh yachts. There's certainly something of the 'shabby chic' about the place.
- 2 Cathedral (St John the Baptist).
- 3 Church of Santa-Maria.
One great location to eat is in one of the many restaurants in the Vieux Port. Most specialise in seafood.
- Le Jean Bart, ☎ . For wonderful moules-frites (mussels and French fries) and puddings.
- Pietracap, 20 Route de San Martino. Hotel with a swimming pool. Closed mid-Dec to Feb.
- Sud Hôtel, Avenue de la Libération (1 km from centre of town), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.