Corte is in Upper Corsica.
Corte is also linked to Ajaccio, Bastia and Calvi by the Chemin de fer de la Corse (Corsican Railway), and is served by trains running between Ajaccio and Calvi, and Ajaccio and Bastia.
- 1 Corte railway station (Gare de Corte).
- 1 Corte citadel. Fortress (A citadella)
- 2 Museum of Corsica (Museu di a Corsica).
- 3 University of Corsica Pasquale Paoli. This is a French university, based in Corte. It is under the Academy of Corsica.
- Hiking and snow sports.
- Canyoning in the surrounding mountains and streams. Among the possible destinations are 1 Zoicu. 2 Tavignanu, 3 Vecchio, 4 Richiusa.
- Paglia Orba, 5 Faubourg St Antoine, ☏ . M–Sa 12:00–14:00, 19:00–23:00. Copious portions of delicious Corsican food. Friendly service and a good view too.
There are two campsites in Corte:
- Camping Alivetu (900m from the train station on the river Restonica). €27 for two people per night.
- Camping Restonica (Located close to the big supermarket, on the river Restonica). €25 for two people per night.