St. Matthews is a city in the Kentucky Derby Region, part of metro Louisville with an approximate population of 15,000.
St. Matthews, generally, lies in the northwest quadrant of the I-64, I-264 (Watterson Expressway) interchange. The city can be reached easily from these routes. From I-64, use the Cannons Ln. (Exit 10) or I-264 North (Exit 12A) interchanges. From I-264 use the Breckenridge Ln. North (Exit 19B) or Shelbyville Rd. West (Exit 21B) exits.
TARC offers several bus routes around St. Matthews and Jefferson County.
Bowman Field, located at Cannons Ln south of I-64, offers services for small aircraft. There are two runways with lengths of 3032' and 3200'.
Louisville International Airport, located eight miles from St. Matthews, has several commercial flights to major cities around the country. Follow I-264 West to I-65 and the Fair/Expo Center area.
There is no passenger rail service to St. Matthews or Louisville.
Major routes in St. Matthews: East-west roads Frankfort Ave. (from downtown Louisville) and Shelbyville Rd. (from Middletown) meet at the intersection of north-south roads Breckenridge Ln. (from Hikes Point) and Chenoweth Ln. (from Brownsboro Rd.) in the heart of St. Matthews. Also at this intersection is Westport Rd., running northeast into the Springhurst area. One block west of this intersection is Lexington Rd., bringing traffic in from the Cherokee Park area. Others roads in St. Matthews include Dutchmans Pkwy. (near I-264), Cannons Ln. (near Seneca Park), Hubbards Ln. (connecting Westport Rd. and Dutchmans Pkwy area), and Bowling Blvd (near Mall St. Matthews).
High School Sports
- Trinity High School, 4011 Shelbyville Rd., ☏ +1 502 893-7625.
- Waggener High School, 330 South Hubbards Ln., ☏ +1 502 485-8340.
- Walden School, 4234 Westport Road, ☏ +1 502 893-0433.
- Village 8 Theaters, 4014 Dutchman's Ln., ☏ +1 502 897-1870.
- Brown Park (with Walking Trails), Kresge Way at Browns Ln., +1 502 895-9444.
- St. Matthews Community Center & Park (with Walking Trails), 310 Ten Pin Ln, ☏ +1 502-897-6371.
- Seneca Park, 3151 Pee Wee Reese Rd, Louisville. Golf Course/Pro Shop. +1 502-574-7275.
- Mall St. Matthews, 264 at Shelbyville Rd. I-.
- Shelbyville Road Plaza, 12975 Shelbyville Rd.
- Clover Lane Restaurant, 211 Clover Ln, ☏ +1 502 896-9570.
- Equus Restaurant, 122 Sears Ave, ☏ +1 502 897-9721.
- Rafferty's, Breckenridge Ln at Dutchmans Pkwy, ☏ +1 502 897-3900.
- WW Cousins, Breckenridge Ln. at Dupont Rd.
- Oriental House, 4302 Shelbyville Rd, ☏ +1 502 897-1017.
Bistros & Cafes
- Bourbon's Bistro, 2255 Frankfort Ave, ☏ +1 502 896-2486.
- Kayrouz's Cafe, 3801 Willis Ave, ☏ +1 502 896-2630.
- Graeter's, 140 Brackenridge, ☏ +1 502 896-9952.
- El Mundo, 2345 Frankfort Ave, ☏ +1 502 899-9930.
- El Tarasco Mexican Restaurant, 110 Fairfax Ave, ☏ +1 502 895-8010.
- The Fishery Lexington Rd at Bauer Ave., +1 502 895-1188.
- Gerstle's Place, 3801 Frankfort Ave, ☏ +1 502 899-3609.
- Patrick's Liquors Bar, 3202 Frankfort Ave, ☏ +1 502 897-6962.
- Heine Brothers' Coffee, 119 Chenoweth Ln, ☏ +1 502 893-5103.
Bed & Breakfast
- Inn at Woodhaven, 401 S. Hubbards Ln, ☏ +1 502 895-1011.
- Hawthorn Suites, 751 Cypress Station Dr, ☏ +1 502 899-5959, toll-free: +1-866-899-5959.
|Routes through Saint Matthews|
|St. Louis ← Louisville ←||W E||→ Jeffersontown → Frankfort|
|Evansville ← Louisville ←||W E||→ Shelbyville → Frankfort|