St. Matthews, generally, lies in the northwest quadrant of the I-64, I-264 (Watterson Expressway) interchange. The city can be reached easily from these routes. From I-64, use the Cannons Ln. (Exit 10) or I-264 North (Exit 12A) interchanges. From I-264 use the Breckenridge Ln. North (Exit 19B) or Shelbyville Rd. West (Exit 21B) exits.
TARC offers several bus routes around St. Matthews and Jefferson County.
Bowman Field, located at Cannons Ln south of I-64, offers services for small aircraft. There are two runways with lengths of 3032' and 3200'.
Louisville International Airport, located eight miles from St. Matthews, has several commercial flights to major cities around the country. Follow I-264 West to I-65 and the Fair/Expo Center area.
There is no passenger rail service to St. Matthews or Louisville.
Major routes in St. Matthews: East-west roads Frankfort Ave. (from downtown Louisville) and Shelbyville Rd. (from Middletown) meet at the intersection of north-south roads Breckenridge Ln. (from Hikes Point) and Chenoweth Ln. (from Brownsboro Rd.) in the heart of St. Matthews. Also at this intersection is Westport Rd., running northeast into the Springhurst area. One block west of this intersection is Lexington Rd., bringing traffic in from the Cherokee Park area. Others roads in St. Matthews include Dutchmans Pkwy. (near I-264), Cannons Ln. (near Seneca Park), Hubbards Ln. (connecting Westport Rd. and Dutchmans Pkwy area), and Bowling Blvd (near Mall St. Matthews).
High School Sports
- Trinity High School, 4011 Shelbyville Rd., ☏ .
- Waggener High School, 330 South Hubbards Ln., ☏ .
- Walden School, 4234 Westport Road, ☏ .
- Village 8 Theaters, 4014 Dutchman's Ln., ☏ .
- Brown Park (with Walking Trails), Kresge Way at Browns Ln., +1 502 895-9444.
- Dayton Avenue Park Nature Preserve
- St. Matthews Community Center & Park (with Walking Trails), 310 Ten Pin Ln, ☏ .
- Seneca Park (with Walking Trails) Golf Course/Pro Shop, 2300 Seneca Park Road, Louisville, +1 502 458-9298.
- Warwick Park, Warwick Ave, 895-9444.
- Mall St. Matthews, 264 at Shelbyville Rd. I-.
- [dead link] Shelbyville Road Plaza, 12975 Shelbyville Rd.
- Bluegrass Brewing Company, 3929 Shelbyville Rd, ☏ .
- Clover Lane Restaurant, 211 Clover Ln, ☏ .
- Equus Restaurant, 132 Sears Ave, ☏ .
- The Feed Bag, 133 Breckenridge Ln, ☏ .
- Rafferty's, Breckenridge Ln at Dutchmans Pkwy, ☏ .
- Ricks Ferrari Grille 3930 Chenoweth Square +1 502 893-0106
- WW Cousins, Breckenridge Ln. at Dupont Rd.
- China Town, 4000 Dutchmans Ln, ☏ .
- Double Dragon, 318 Wallace Ave, ☏ .
- King Wok, 291 N. Hubbards Ln, ☏ .
- Oriental House, 4302 Shelbyville Rd, ☏ .
Bistros & Cafes
- Bourbon's Bistro, 2255 Frankfort Ave, ☏ .
- [formerly dead link] 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar, 3939 Shelbyville Rd, ☏ .
- Kayrouz's Cafe, 127 Wiltshire Ave, ☏ .
- Lemongrass Cafe, 106 Fairfax Ave, ☏ .
- Graeter's, Breckenridge Ln. at Willis Ave., ☏ .
- Starlight Frozen Custard, 4169 Shelbyville Rd, ☏ .
Italian & Pizza
- Clifton's Pizza Co., 2230 Frankfort Ave, ☏ .
- [dead link] Ray Parrella's Italian Restaurant, 2311 Frankfort Ave, ☏ .
- Bazo's Fresh Mexican Grill, 4014 Dutchmans Lane, ☏ .
- El Mundo, 2345 Frankfort Ave, ☏ .
- El Tarasco Mexican Restaurant, 110 Fairfax Ave, ☏ .
- Ernesto's Mexican Restaurant, 6201 Dutchmans Pkwy, ☏ .
- Carolina Shrimp Co., 3922 Westport Rd, ☏ .
- The Fishery Lexington Rd at Bauer Ave., +1 502 895-1188.
- [dead link] St. Matthews Seafood Company, 3729 Lexington Rd, ☏ .
- Seafood Connection, 285 N. Hubbards Ln, ☏ .
- Brendan's Pub, 3921 Shelbyville Rd, ☏ .
- Dutch's Tavern, 3922 Shelbyville Rd, ☏ .
- Gerstle's Place, 3801 Frankfort Ave, ☏ .
- Patrick's Liquors Bar, 3202 Frankfort Ave, ☏ .
- Heine Brothers' Coffee, 119 Chenoweth Ln, ☏ .
Bed & Breakfast
- 1853 Inn at Woodhaven, 401 S. Hubbards Ln, ☏ .
- Breckinridge Inn, 2800 Breckinridge Ln, ☏ . (at I-264).
- Hawthorn Suites, 751 Cypress Station Dr, ☏ , toll-free: .
|Routes through Saint Matthews|
|St. Louis ← Louisville ←||W E||→ Jeffersontown → Frankfort|
|Evansville ← Louisville ←||W E||→ Shelbyville → Frankfort|