Asia > South Asia > India > Southern India > Karnataka > Cauvery Basin > Hassan (district) > SakleshpurJump to navigation Jump to search
Sakleshpur is a town in Karnataka.
- Shetthully Old Church
- 1 Manjarabad fort.
- Bisle ghat.
- Jenukal Gudda.
- Hemavathi Backwater.
- 2 Kukke Subrahmanya Temple.
- Dharmastala Sri Manjunatha Swamy Temple (Sree Kshetra Dharmastala).
- Hiking - Various short and long treks make this a trekkers' favorite, the most famous being "The Green Route Trek", on railway tracks traversing high bridges and numerous tunnels. There are various companies in Bangalore who conduct these treks. One needs to have prior permission from the Forest Department. Also there are good home stays where you can stay during this trek. The route from Sakaleshpur (starting near Donigal Station) to Yedakumeri Station (20 km): after the highway-bridge over the tracks near Donigal, there are only 2 access points to the highway - one 4-km trek through jeep tracks from the base camp of the workers, just before the first tunnel which is at 55th km-mark (the trek starts near 48th km.) The other access to highway is a 5-km trek down the jungle-slopes behind Yedakumeri Station, crossing a shallow river next to the ghat-highway, with a rocky, slippery riverbed. This trek is part of 147 km of meter gauge rail track from Sakleshpur to Mangalore (Kankanadi).
Coffee powder, and spices like cardamom, cinnamon, cashew & pepper.
Akki rotti & chicken, pork curry is the specialty of the region.
- Planters club.
- Cosmo club.
- Manjarabad club.
Homestays are popular here.
- CoffeeBean Villa, NH-48, Taluk, Bangalore - Mangalore Hwy (11 km From Sakleshpur), ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 1300/person, meals and activities included.
- Eka Resort, Hallibyle Village, Hethur Post, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 1 Mekanagadde Homestay, Mekanagadde, Devaladakere (between Sakleshpur taluk and mudigere taluk of Chikmagalur), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 11:00, check-out: 11:00. This homestay is within Western Ghats where the hills run through. Homestay provides a traditional food and stay and you could experience urban nature around. Nearby hill places are Ettina Bhuja, Pandavar Gudda, Jenukal Gudda, Devermane Gudda. ₹2000.
- Hulivana, Survey no 23, Hodchalli, Hanbal Hobli (http://hulivana.com/contact-us.html), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 11 km deep into the dense forest with not a trace of civilization for miles. The only lights you will ever see are fireflies flitting by.
- Jenukallu Valley Retreat, Athibeedu, Devaladakere Post (http://jenukallu.com/directions.htm), ☏ . ₹3500.
- MakkiThitta Home Stay, Donahalli Village (http://makkithitta.com/routemap.html), ☏ , ✉ MakkiThittaHomeStay@gmail.com. ₹1600-2500/person.
- 2 Mugilu, Bugadahalli, Kyanahalli Post, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rotti-kallu, Bilisare village, ☏ (10:00-19:00), ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 11:00. ₹2500/person.
- Sentinel Agani, Agani Village Hanbal, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Hills, Kuntahalli Village, Hanbal Hobli, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. ₹7000.
- The Malnad Times, Devaladakere, ☏ .
- Tusk & Dawn, Agani, Hanbal Post, ☏ (09:00 to 22:00), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. ₹2100/person.
- The Vasanthaparadise, Devaladakere, Hanbal, ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. Surrounded by densely canopied hills, flowers, wooded forest and streams.
- 3 Triwoods Plantation Farmstay, Hassan (Dist) (in Anughatta village, 15 km away from Belur and 17 km from Saklespur), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. On a 60-acre coffee estate in the Western Ghats, surrounded by greenery and the sounds of nature. ₹ 4000.
- Jagate's Mist Homestay Contact +91 9448055779 e-mail: email@example.com
- NatureTrek Homestay Deep forest economical homestay in the middle of nature. Contact +91 9901652145
- 4 Mookanana Resort, Hongadahalla Village, Hettur Hobli4 (a little further inside the jungle/forest, about 43 km via SH107), ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 11:00, check-out: 11:00. ₹3000.