Sale is the commercial centre of central Gippsland, hence its name.
Sale is on the A1 Princes Highway - with 92% of freeway sections between Sale and Melbourne.
- 1 Lake Guthridge. Artificial lake with a fountain.
- 2 Sale Botanic Gardens.
- 3 Sale Swing Bridge. built in 1883.
- 4 St Paul's Cathedral, 149 Cunninghame Street. Anglican cathedral built in 1884.
- 5 St Mary's Cathedral. Catholic cathedral.
Sale has more of a city suburban feel than a country town feel when it comes to shopping, with shopping malls and major chain stores represented in them.
- 1 Gippsland Centre. includes Target, Coles and Woolworths.
- 1 Aldi. supermarket
- 1 Gippsland Hotel, 153 York Street. 9 classic pub bedrooms, bar, bistro and drive-through bottleshop.
- 2 Criterion Hotel, 90 MacAlister Street. Hotel built in 1865 with studio bedrooms and a bistro.
|Routes through Sale|
|Eden ← Bairnsdale ←||N S||→ Traralgon → Melbourne|