San Pablo is a city of about 265,000 in the province of Laguna, known for its seven lakes.
Bus companies running frequent services between Manila and Lucena stop at San Pablo, as well as some of those from Bicol. Designated stops are at SM City San Pablo, San Rafael (near the junction of Maharlika Highway and Cipriano Colago Avenue) and at Franklin Baker (between railroad crossing and Unson Street at San Anton and Ambray), all along the highway.
Maharlika Highway (Asian Highway 26/Route 1) is the main highway through San Pablo, as well the Calauan-San Pablo Road (Route 67). It is 82 km (51 mi) from Manila, 54 km (34 mi) from Lucena, and 23 km (14 mi) from Los Baños.
San Pablo will be served by an extension of the South Luzon Expressway to Lucena, expected to be opened by 2022.
Jeepneys connect San Pablo with the nearby towns of Alaminos, Calauan, Rizal, Dolores, and Tiaong, and travel as far as Liliw via Rizal, Santa Cruz via Calauan, Tanauan (in Batangas) and Calamba via Maharlika Highway. Only the routes from Tanauan, San Calamba, Santa Cruz, and Liliw routes routes are run by licensed vehicles, with the route from Dolores run by unmarked and unlicensed vehicles with private vehicle license plates. Terminals are at the city proper or at SM City San Pablo
- 1 San Pablo station. Served by the Bicol Express and Mayon Limited (both suspended since 2015). Unloading only for northbound trains.
The nearest operational train stations are at Calamba and Los Baños, served by some commuter trains.
- 1 Komikero Komiks Museum, 29 Marasigan St., cor Azcarate Circle.
- 2 Lake Sampaloc (Behind the city hall). The largest of San Pablos's seven lakes, of volcanic origin. Around the lake are Dagatan Boulevard, a lakefront park, and floating cottages.
- 3 Saint Paul the First Hermit Cathedral (San Pablo Cathedral), A. Flores Street, Poblacion. An adobe Romanesque Roman Catholic cathedral that forms the center of San Pablo and serves as the seat of the namesake Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Pablo which . Built in 1714, it was damaged during World War II, and its façade been restored to its original .
- 4 Doña Leonila Park.
- 5 Trece Martires Shrine.
- 6 Andres Bonifacio Monument.
- 1 SM City San Pablo.
San Pablo is known for its buko pie, as well as espasol, ampaw, pinipig, kesong puti (white cheese) shing-a-ling and tamarind sweets.
- Rockpoint Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, Km. 91 Maharlika Highway, San Antonio II, ☏ , . Rockpoint Hotsprings Resort-Hotel and Spa is located where refreshing hot spring water flows constantly at the foot of Mount Makiling. Cozy guest rooms complete with modern amenities, and facilities that include game rooms, karaoke bar and lounge, natural hot spring swimming pools, and the in-house Lava Grill and Restaurant and coffee shop. From ₱1350.
- 1 Ang Tahanan ni Aling Meding Hotel, Dagatan Blvd.
|Routes through San Pablo|
|Santo Tomas ← Alaminos ←||N S||→ Tiaong → Lucena|
|Bay ← Calauan ←||N S||→ END|