- For other places with the same name, see San Ramon (disambiguation).
San Ramon is one of several cities in the East Bay, in particular, a region of the East Bay sometimes called the "Interior Valleys". These Interior Valleys have a fairly high population density, get limited rainfall, and have a Mediterranean climate. However, they do get quite a lot of fog and mist at certain times of the year.
- Oakland International Airport is the closest large airport, located in Oakland. It is about 14 miles away from the center of San Ramon.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO IATA) is in San Francisco and is 18 miles away from San Ramon.
- San Jose Muni—Midpoint is in San Jose, California and is 29 miles away from San Ramon.
There are multiple highways in the San Ramon area, including interstates 80, 580, 680, 880, 980, and California State Route 4. Minor highways include Route 13, 84, 92, 238, 242, and Interstate 238.
By public transportation
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) has local stops all over the Bay Area, including San Francisco International Airport and a connector to Oakland International Airport. The Dublin/Pleasanton line goes the closest to San Ramon, and discount tickets are offered for frequent riders, school students, and senior citizens. There are two stations, West Dublin/Pleasanton and Dublin/Pleasanton, both of which are south of San Ramon. Neither of these stations are within easy walking distance.
- 1 Bishop Ranch Preserve, 2761 Morgan Dr, ☏ . Part of the East Bay Regional Parks District (EBRPD).
- 2 San Ramon Golf Course, 9430 Fircrest Ln, ☏ . Beautiful 18 hole public golf course.
- 1 The Brass Door, 2145 San Ramon Valley Blvd, ☏ . Known as the "local meeting place" and features amazing steaks, seafood, salads, and fresh pasta. Serves Dinner, Lunch and Brunch with prices ranging from 7 dollars for a salad and all the way up to 33 for a steak. Friendly and cozy environment.
- 2 King's Palace, 11040 Bollinger Canyon Rd (directly across from Fat Cactus), ☏ . Offers Chinese food. Call in advance for reservations.
- 1 The Hopyard American Alehouse & Grill, 470 Market Pl, ☏ . An entertaining pub right in the middle of San Ramon. Beer and Wine only. Open the latest in the area. Sports bar feel that is great for watching games, with tasty wings and nachos too. Private parking lot.
- 2 ShBoom, 2410 San Ramon Valley Blvd, ☏ . W-Sa 6PM-2AM. Best nights are Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Cover charge of $15 which includes dinner. DJ plays variety of music from 70s & 80s, pop, hip-hop, and techno.
- 1 Courtyard San Ramon, 18090 San Ramon Valley Blvd, ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Hotel Sierra San Ramon, 2323 San Ramon Valley Blvd, ☏ . Friendly staff and accommodating with reasonable prices. Amenities like flat panel TV's, terry bathrobes, and swimming pool. Daily complimentary breakfast and Sierra Café.
- Residence Inn San Ramon, 1071 Market Pl, ☏ , fax: .
- 3 San Ramon Marriott, 2600 Bishop Dr, ☏ , fax: . Good location with clean and spacious rooms. Close to local restaurants, great value.
San Ramon is part of a larger metropolitan area that stretches up a wide valley. There are several cities in this valley.
- Danville is to the north; it has a downtown area.
- Dublin is to the south; it's mostly a residential community, without a downtown area.
- Pleasanton is south of Dublin; it, like Danville, has a downtown area.
|Routes through San Ramon|
|Concord ← Danville ←||N S||→ Dublin → San Jose|