Satakunta is a region of Western Finland.
- Eura and surroundings (1 Eura, 2 Köyliö,3 Säkylä)
- 4 Eurajoki
- 5 Honkajoki
- 6 Jämijärvi
- 7 Karvia
- 8 Lavia
- 9 Luvia
- 10 Merikarvia
- 11 Nakkila
- 12 Pomarkku
- 13 Siikainen
- 1 Bothnian Sea National Park – national park in the archipelago, reachable by tour boat or own vessel (hired kayak?); bird and seal watching, lighthouse islands, and a coastal fort
Get in and around
Despite being in the southern part of Finland, Satakunta is not as well connected as the neighbouring provinces. There are direct flights daily to Pori from Helsinki, but all train lines go via Tampere, where you need to transfer. Hence, the transportation of choice should definitely be a coach – there are coaches along national road 8, as well as services to Pori and Rauma from Helsinki and Tampere. The nearest airports with international service are Tampere, Turku, Helsinki and Vaasa.
For coaches, see Matkahuolto. For short-haul connections, see also the city articles.
For trains, see VR.
- Satakunnan Aluetaksi, ☏ (06:00–18:00 €1.60+2.40/min; otherwise €2.10+2.40/min; queuing pvm). €6 (M–F 06:00–18:00) or €10 (other times) + €0.72/min + €1.40/km (1–4), €1.90/km (5–6) or €2.27/km (7+).
- Taksi Länsi-Suomi, ☏ (extra charge?). See Finland Proper#By taxi.
- Smartphone apps: Valopilkku, 02 Taksi, Menevä, Taxi Booker (iTaksi), Taksini
- The old town of Rauma, an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The Bronze Age burial site in Sammallahdenmäki near Rauma, an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Olkiluoto nuclear power plant in Eurajoki, near Rauma
- Lake Pyhäjärvi (Säkylän Pyhäjärvi), shared with Finland Proper
- Go swimming at Yyteri sand beach near Pori.
Satakunta region is a safe place.