Satakunta is a region of Western Finland.
- 1 Eura
- 2 Eurajoki
- 3 Honkajoki
- 4 Jämijärvi
- 5 Karvia
- 6 Köyliö
- 7 Lavia
- 8 Luvia
- 9 Merikarvia
- 10 Nakkila
- 11 Pomarkku
- 12 Siikainen
- 13 Säkylä
Despite being located in the southern parts of Finland, it is not as well connected as the neighboring provinces. There are direct flights a day to Pori from Helsinki, but all train lines go to Tampere where you need to transfer. Hence, the transportation of choice should definitely be the bus - there are bus lines along the "coast highway", highway 8, as well as bus connections to both Pori and Rauma from both Helsinki and Tampere.
Trains of national operator VR are possible to use for travelling inside province.
Matkahuolto has a dense bus network covering most of the province.
Onnibus offers discount bus service by few routes.
- The old town of Rauma, an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The Bronze Age burial site in Sammallahdenmäki, an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Olkiluoto nuclear power plant in Eurajoki
- Lake Pyhäjärvi
- Sieravuoren Juhannus: 21–23 June 2018. Midsummer's festival by lake Pyhäjärvi. (date needs updating)
- RMJ Festival (Raumanmeren juhannus): 21–23 June 2018 Rauma. Modern music for the yourh at the RMJ festival in Rauma each Midsummer (date needs updating)
- Pori Jazz Festival: 14–22 July 2018 Pori. Quite big names, like Santana, Simon & Garfunkel or for example Alicia Keys have played here recently. Really not-so-jazz-festival anymore, alhtough jazz & blues can also be found. One of the biggest (if not the biggest) festival in Finland. Favorite festival of the slightly older crowd. (date needs updating)
- Karmarock XXVII: 28 July 2018. The 27th installment of Karmarock is arranged by the rock band Maj Karma. Acts are not announced in advance. (date needs updating)
- Go swimming at Yyteri sand beach near Pori.