Satakunta is a region of Western Finland.
- 1 Eura
- 2 Eurajoki
- 3 Honkajoki
- 4 Jämijärvi
- 5 Karvia
- 6 Köyliö
- 7 Lavia
- 8 Luvia
- 9 Merikarvia
- 10 Nakkila
- 11 Pomarkku
- 12 Siikainen
- 13 Säkylä
- Bothnian Sea National Park – national park in the archipelago, reachable by tour boat or own vessel (hired kayak?); bird and seal watching, lighthouse islands, and a coastal fort
Despite being in the southern part of Finland, it is not as well connected as the neighbouring provinces. There are direct flights a day to Pori from Helsinki, but all train lines go to Tampere where you must transfer. Hence, the transportation of choice should definitely be the bus – there are bus lines along the "coast highway", national road 8, as well as bus connections to Pori and Rauma from Helsinki and Tampere.
Trains of the national operator VR can be used for some routes.
There is a dense bus network covering most of the region, see Matkahuolto for timetables.
Onnibus offers discount bus service by a few routes.
Google Maps includes timetables of trains, long distance buses and local transport of many cities and towns. Other useful route planners are Matka.fi for trains and local buses and Matkahuolto Reittiopas for regional buses.
- Smartphone apps: Valopilkku, 02 Taksi, Menevä, Taxi Booker (iTaksi)
- Satakunnan Aluetaksi offers taxi service in Satakunta region
- The old town of Rauma, an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The Bronze Age burial site in Sammallahdenmäki near Rauma, an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Olkiluoto nuclear power plant in Eurajoki, near Rauma
- Lake Pyhäjärvi (Säkylän Pyhäjärvi), shared with Finland Proper
- Sieravuoren Juhannus: 21–23 June 2018. Midsummer's festival by lake Pyhäjärvi. (date needs updating)
- RMJ Festival (Raumanmeren juhannus): 21–23 June 2018 Rauma. Modern music for the yourh at the RMJ festival in Rauma each Midsummer (date needs updating)
- Pori Jazz Festival: 14–22 July 2018 Pori. Quite big names, like Santana, Simon & Garfunkel or for example Alicia Keys have played here. Really not-so-jazz-festival anymore, alhtough jazz & blues can also be found. One of the biggest (if not the biggest) festival in Finland. Favorite festival of the slightly older crowd. (date needs updating)
- Go swimming at Yyteri sand beach near Pori.