Satakunta is a region of Western Finland.
- 1 Eura
- 2 Eurajoki
- 3 Honkajoki
- 4 Jämijärvi
- 5 Karvia
- 6 Köyliö
- 7 Lavia
- 8 Luvia
- 9 Merikarvia
- 10 Nakkila
- 11 Pomarkku
- 12 Siikainen
- 13 Säkylä
- 14 Bothnian Sea National Park – national park in the archipelago, reachable by tour boat or own vessel (hired kayak?); bird and seal watching, lighthouse islands, and a coastal fort
Despite being in the southern part of Finland, it is not as well connected as the neighbouring provinces. There are direct flights a day to Pori from Helsinki, but all train lines go to Tampere where you must transfer. Hence, the transportation of choice should definitely be the bus – there are bus lines along the "coast highway", national road 8, as well as bus connections to Pori and Rauma from Helsinki and Tampere.
Trains of the national operator VR can be used for some routes.
There is a dense bus network covering most of the region, see Matkahuolto for timetables.
Onnibus offers discount bus service by a few routes.
Google Maps includes timetables of trains, long distance buses and local transport of many cities and towns. Other useful route planners are Matka.fi for trains and local buses and Matkahuolto Reittiopas for regional buses.
- Smartphone apps: Valopilkku, 02 Taksi, Menevä, Taxi Booker (iTaksi)
- Satakunnan Aluetaksi and Taksi Länsi-Suomi offer taxi service in Satakunta region
- The old town of Rauma, an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The Bronze Age burial site in Sammallahdenmäki near Rauma, an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Olkiluoto nuclear power plant in Eurajoki, near Rauma
- Lake Pyhäjärvi (Säkylän Pyhäjärvi), shared with Finland Proper
- Go swimming at Yyteri sand beach near Pori.
Satakunta region is a safe place.