Huittinen is a town in Satakunta, Finland.
The town of Huittinen was founded in the early 17th century, when the area was part of the Kingdom of Sweden. The town grew quickly, thanks to its strategic location on the river Kokemäenjoki, which provided easy access to the sea and made it an important center for trade and commerce.
During the 18th and 19th centuries, Huittinen experienced a period of growth and prosperity, with new industries and businesses being established in the area.
In the early 20th century, Huittinen continued to grow and modernize, with new infrastructure and transportation links being established in the area. The electrification of the area in the 1920s paved the way for new industries and businesses to be established.
Huittinen is an intersection station for coaches and has direct connections from Helsinki, Tampere, Pori, Rauma, Turku and Loimaa. For timetables, see Matkahuolto.
Nearest train stations are in Vammala (25 km (16 mi)) and Kokemäki (27 km (17 mi)).
There is a service bus Huitsikka which offers flexible service. Local bus line between Huittinen center and Vampula operates at Fridays, see schedules.
- See also: Satakunta#By taxi
- Smartphone apps: Valopilkku, 02 Taksi
- 1 St. Catharine Church of Huittinen (Huittisten Pyhän Katariinan kirkko), Kirkkotie.
- 2 Vanhankoski grove conservation area (Vanhankosken lehtojensuojelualue), Vanhankoskentie. The nature trail is a little over a kilometer long and has 12 ticks along it. The path with its crosses is marked with wooden signs and orange stripes. The nature trail is fairly easy to navigate, although the terrain is in no way leveled.
Puurijärvi-Isosuo National Park
- 1 Puurijärvi and Isosuo National Park (Puurijärven ja Isosuon kansallispuisto) (7 km north-west from Huittinen centre, as the bird flies). An oasis of marshlands and shorelines in the middle of the cultural landscapes by Kokemäenjoki. Important bird habitat. Easy trails (0.5–2 km) to birdwatching towers. One bird watching platforms is accessible by wheelchair. Guided excursions and meals in the terrain available from local businesses by agreement. Tent site near the river shore with campfire place (bring firewood; don't make fire during wildfire warnings).
- 1 Härkäpakari, Risto Rytin katu 2. Traditional home-cooked food made from local ingredients.
- 1 Mommola Motel (Mommolan Motelli), Turuntie 33 (along the Highway 44 near the town center), ☏ +358 2 569-451. In addition to accommodation, the motel also offers home-made food at lunchtime in the cafeteria, as well as à la carte, pizza and hamburger dishes. Several meeting rooms are also available for organizing events.
- 2 Ala-Kauvatsanjoki tent site. Tent site of Puurijärvi-Isosuo National Park. Campfire site, table, benches, outhouse toilet. Water available from the unmanned information hut on the way. Jetty.
|Routes through Huittinen|
|Pori ← Kokemäki ←||NW SE||→ Punkalaidun → Vihti|
|Rauma ← Kokemäki ←||W NE||→ Sastamala → Tampere|