Loimaa is in the inland of Finland Proper.
The climate resembles that of southern Finland in general, but is somewhat more continental than on the coast, with more reliable snow cover in winter.
Highway 9 between Turku and Tampere passes through Loimaa, as does road 231 between Ypäjä, near road 10 from Hämeenlinna via Forssa, and Säkylä and Eura on road 12 and 43. Road 12 comes from Raumo on the west coast.
Call-a-ride is service traffic open to everyone within Loimaa. Order for the ride must be made no later than the previous day by calling the motorist driving the route in question. There is a charge for the ride based on the bus fare. The route to be taken depends on who is coming on board. For more information, e.g. schedules for each route can be obtained from the taxi operator operating it.
- 1 Finnish museum of agriculture (Sarka), Vanhankirkontie 383, Loimaa, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Vesikoski museum mill, Hirvikoskentie, Loimaa.
- Kanniston Kotieläintila, Kannistontie 172, Alastaro, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. The farm has plenty of domestic animals. Kannisto's home forest is a natural state area, where there are many wild animals. €5 per person.
For nightlife the seurahuone is probably your best bet, unless there is a suitable festival.
- Loimaan seurahuone, Satakunnantie 24–26, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Hotel in central Loimaa. Restaurant and night club. €110; lunch €10, à la carte €20–30.
- Hotel Aliisa, Oijalantie 17 (4 km from Loimaa centre along Lännentie, road 213), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Calm environment, no alcohol. €80 (€90 from 1.6.2017).
- Inland of Finland Proper, the countryside to the north-west, west and south.
- A bigger town, such as Hämeenlinna, or a city such as Turku.
|Routes through Loimaa|
|Tampere ← Urjala ← Humppila ←||N S||→ Inland of Finland Proper → Turku|