Tavastia Proper (Kanta-Häme) is a region in Southern Finland.
The main railroad north from Helsinki goes through Tavastia Proper, so especially from Helsinki or Tampere it is quite easy to get to places like Hämeenlinna and Riihimäki by train; also all buses going northwest from Helsinki travel along Freeway 3 and stop in cities along the way. To reach the western parts of the region, take the bus.
Trains of national operator VR are possible to use for travelling inside province.
Matkahuolto has a dense bus network covering most of the province.
Onnibus offers discount bus service by few routes.
- Häme Castle in Hämeenlinna
- Tanks at the tank museum in Parola, Hämeenlinna
- The various museums in the old textile factory of Forssa.
- Hike in Saari and Torronsuo National Parks in Tammela
- Take an old-fashioned train trip from Humppila to Jokioinen
- Walk around in the Aulanko nature park and Ahvenisto ridge area near Hämeenlinna.