Satara is a city in Western Maharashtra.
Satara is located on NH48 (formerlyNH4). Its well connected by road with adjacent cities. Its about 120 km from Pune, about 130km from Kolhapur , 100 km from Sangli and 730 Kilometres from Bangalore. There is a railway station at Satara maintained by Indian railways on Dharwad- Pune route.
- 1 Ajinkyatara (The Impregnable Star). Ajinkyatara is a (prominent) fort on one of the seven mountains surrounding Satara.
- 2 Char Bhinti. A memorial in Satara honoring Rango Bapuji Gupte. This memorial is located on a hill offering a view of the city on one side and Ajinkyatara Fort on the other.
- 3 Kaas Plateau (Kaas Valley of Flowers). A UNESCO World Heritage (Biodiversity) site famous for wildflowers.
- 4 Natraj Mandir. A replica of the original in Tamil Nadu recently built in the 1980s. This temple for Sri Nataraja has several towers and four gateways as well as several shrines (temples) within the complex.
- 5 Pateshwar. About 10 Km from Satara city in the village Degav, the place of God Mahadev. Place is surrounded by around 300,000 pindis (sacred stones or tree stumps).
- 6 Sajjan Gadh (Sajjangad - Fort of Good people). This is located 18 km from the city. Not only is it a fort and the final resting place of Sant Ramdas; it is a pilgrimage site
- 7 Thoseghar Waterfalls. Approximately 20 km from the city, this is a popular attraction with a picnic area and a platform for viewing the falls.
- Yavteshwar. The place where big hill areas are located and also Aajinkya Tara fort, Thoseghar Waterfall and a wind energy-making hill which is famous nationally.
Satari Kandi Pedhe. Satari Special Missal. Kanase Dhabha Special Non-Veg. Maratha Khanawal Special Non-Veg. Gokul Dhaba-Paathkhal Matha-Special Chicken Handi. Jalsagar Hotel-Medha Road-Special Fish Delicacies.
Sugarcane juice, Mango juice, Buttermilk and flavoured milk.
Hotel options for stay are Preeti Executive, Hotel Sreeman, Hotel Radhika Palace, Hotel Sitara, Hotel Mahindra Executive.