The Terme di Saturnia are a group of hot springs in the municipality of Manciano, a few kilometres from the village of Saturnia, in the Maremma area of south Tuscany. The springs that feed the baths, which are found in the southeastern valley, cover a vast territory that stretches from Mount Amiata and the hills of the Fiora dell'Albegna to the Maremma Grosseto at Roselle (Roselle Terme) and Talamone (Terme dell'Osa).
According to legend Saturn, Roman god of the harvest, grew exasperated with people for their warring ways. He hurled a lightning bolt to earth in anger. It split the ground causing hot sulfuric water to gush forth, continuing to this day.
- 1 Archeological Museum (Museo Archeologico di Saturnia), 2B Via Italia. Small but interesting museum that collects Etruscan finds from excavations in the area. Free entry.
- [formerly dead link] Terme di Saturnia.
- Golf Club Terme di Saturnia.
- Cascate del Mulino (The main falls are not far from the town's main spa. An upaved road will take you to a field where you can park before walking to the cascades.). 24 hours daily. The sulfurous spring water, at a temperature of 37.5 ° C, are well known for their therapeutic properties, offering relaxation and well-being through immersion. The main thermal waterfalls are the Mill Falls, at an old mill as well as the Waterfalls of Gorello. The yield of the source is about 500 litres per second, which guarantees an optimal replacement of water. The chemical make-up is sulfur, carbon, sulfate, bicarbonate-alkaline, earth, with the presence of hydrogen sulfide gas and carbon dioxide. The minerals dissolved in water amount to 2.79 grams per litre. Free.
- Ristorante Aqualuce [formerly dead link], with traditional tuscany dishes
- Terme di Saturnia SPA & Golf Resort, 5 star Hotel with Spa and Golf.
- [dead link] Saturnia Tuscany Hotel (Two kilometres from Mulino Waterfalls and Terme di Saturnia Spa).
- 1 San Leonardo, Podere Vignagrande, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 16:00 to 20:00, check-out: 10:30. This is an agriturismo, a farmhouse with independent apartments in a restored stone building 200 meters from the Terme di Saturnia spa pools. Guests may enjoy the views of the Tuscan countryside and relax at the spa. The farmhouse is surrounded by wheat fields and grassland where sheep and lambs peacefully graze. The apartments have accommodations for 2 or 4 guests. €.