Set in the Selz valley this village is surrounded by the vineyards of Rhenish Hesse (Rheinhessen). A nice rural area but nothing in particular for the tourist except an above average number of excellent restaurants.
South from Ingelheim on the L428.
- 1 St. Bartholomäus, Zur Probstei 1. Catholic church, rebuilt over the centuries with parts dating back to around the year 1000
- 2 Market place (Marktplatz), Mainzer Straße 1. One of the largest in Rhinehesse, although most of the time used as a car park. The water fountain was built in 1892.
Good priced wines direct from the wineries.
- 1 Gutsschänke Bacchushof, Außerhalb 8 (On the road to Stadecken-Elsheim on the sharp bend,take the small track.), ☏ . Good traditional German food. Efficient friendly service. Seating outside in the summer.
- 2 Da Stefano, Markplatz 6, ☏ .
- 3 Landgasthof Engel, Marktplatz 8, ☏ . German dishes with a little extra style. Old stone building and pleasant courtyard in the summer.
- 4 Margaretenhof, Am Sportfeld 23-25, ☏ .
- 5 Zum alten Weinkeller, Schulstraße 6-10, ☏ .