Sežana is a city and municipality in the Coast and Karst region of Slovenia. It has a population of 5,700 people in 2016. Sežana is the capital of the subregion Kras-Brkini and the headquarter of the Administrative Unit.
- Sežana Tourist Information Centre, Partizanska cesta 63, 6210 Sežana. ☏ .
There are train connections with Villa Opicina (Italy), Ljubljana and Nova Gorica.
Sežana is on the main A3 highway between Ljubljana and Italian border crossing (Fernetiči - Fernetti) and it's located near the border.
The Lipica stud farm (the white lipizzaner horses) is about 6 km from the town center and railway station. There is no regular public transport. You can call a taxi, which costs €10.
- Taxi Sežana, cell: +386 70 11 01 21
- Taxi Maki Sežana, cell: +386 31 67 54 48
- Škocjanske jame
- Sežana Botanical Garden
There are many restaurants, pizzas and fast foods in the city.
- Hotel Tabor Restaurant (368 m), Kolodvorska ulica 4 (Sezana), ☏ . 10:00-22:00.
- 1 Gril Ekspres, Kosovelova ulica 1b (Sezana). 07:00-22:00.
- Pizzeria & Spagheteria Cavallino, Partizanska cesta 25, ☏ . 07:00-23:00.
You will find many bars in all the city area.
- 1 Sedmi element bar, Partizanska cesta 7 (Sezana), ☏ . 07:00-23:00.
- 2 Bar Clinton Sežana, Partizanska cesta 37a (Sezana), ☏ . 07:00-00:00.
- Bar Krog Sežana, Partizanska cesta 71 e (Sezana-Zahod). 07:00-00:00.
There are many hotels in the city.
- Garni hotel Rotar, Lipiška 25 directions=, ☏ .
- Hotel Prunk, Partizanska cesta 117 (Sezana), ☏ , email@example.com.
- Hotel Grahor, Dane pri Sežani 9 a, ☏ .
- Hotel Maestoso, Lipica 5, ☏ .
- Hotel Safir, Partizanska cesta 149, ☏ . Hotel and casino near the Italian border and the highway A3.
- Hotel Tabor (368 m), Kolodvorska ulica 4 (near the Sežana Railway Station), ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: 22:00. Hotel with three stars.
The following places are all a short ways away from Sežana
- Lipica, home of the Lipizzaner horses is about 7 km to the west (6 km)
- Postojna and its cave system is a short drive east on the A1 (35 km)
- The Slovenian coastal towns of Koper, Izola, Piran and Portorož are 50-60 minutes away by car heading west on the A1.
- Trieste (Italy) is barely 17 km away (30 minutes by train and bus) and with frequent buses to the Slovenian and Croatian coast and boats to small towns on the Italian, Slovenian and Croatian coast it may be a good base for exploring the area.