Selsey is in West Sussex.
The town of Selsey lies on the southernmost tip of the Manhood Peninsular with the tip known as the iconic Selsey Bill. It was used to be cut off from the mainland and known as Seal Island.
The B2145 road is the only road into Selsey. The B2145 starts in Chichester and continues through the villages of Hunston and Sidlesham. The A286 then B2201 road to Siddlesham are an alternative option from the west and central Chichester. Direct access from Bognor Regis to Selsey is not possible with a need to the B2145 either at the A27 road Chichester By pass or to use the B2166 road to connect at North Mundham. Access from Bracklesham Bay and the western Manhood peninsular is also difficult with narrow bendy lanes unless returning closer to Chichester. There is a petrol station at the Asda superstore on the approach to Selsey.
Stagecoach Gold Bus 51 service from Chichester serves Selsey starting in early morning until late at night with up to four buses an hour and a journey time of about 45 minutes.
- Regional Cycle Route 88. Ends 2.5 mi (4.0 km) N of Selsey (just N of Norton). The route runs Selsey to West Dean via Chichester
- National Cycle Route 2. Dover to St Austell passes 8 mi (13 km) N of Selsey. Still under construction, there is an unfinished section between South Mundham (N of Selsey) and Bognor Regis.
- The Bill Way cycle route from Chichester (not suitable for road bikes) reaches Pagham Harbour on the B2145 some distance short of Selsey. Cycling from the western Manhood to connect to the Bill Way route is also possible with additional cycle routes planned.
Although Selsey is a small town walking from one place to another may involve 1 km or more of residential streets. If using taxis it is probably best to ensure you are using local taxi/minicab firms.
- 1 RSPB Pagham Harbour Visitor Center (on the B2145 at Siddlesham and the 51 bus route), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visitor Centre and access point for Pagham Harbour and Medmerry conservation projects
- 2 Selsey Bill (follow signs to Selsey Bill and proceed to southern end of Grafton Road). A viewpoint and playing field look over the sandy spit that is Selsey Bill
- 1 West Sands Fun Fair, West Sands Caravan Park PO20 9BH. Amusement part with adult and children rides and other family attractions
- 2 Manor Green Park (access from behind the Selsey Centre on Manor Road or opposite the police station on the B2145). Green Pennant open space park with 'Trim Trail', sensory garden and open space.
- 3 Boat Launching, East Beach Car Park (from B2145 follow signs to 'Boat Launching' then go to end of East Beach car park). Public launching slipway for non-jetski craft; caution advised using vehicles with poor traction.
- 4 Emma Jayne Fishing Trips, Albion Rd, Selsey PO20 0DJ, ☎ (mobile). Book in advance. 4 hr £40/person.
- 5 Scuba Diving, 9 Orchard Parade, East Beach Selsey PO20 0NS, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa 9AM-6PM, Su 10AM-5PM. Range of courses including "Try Scuba" introduction session.
- 6 Selsey Heritage Trail. Suggested walks round Selsey's Blue Plaque heritiage sites.
The main shopping area for Selsey is on the high street. There is a variety of local services such as banks pharmacies, convenience stores and independent shops. There is an Asda store at the entrance to the town.
- 1 Asda (Supermarket), Unit 1, Wave Approach, Selsey PO20 0FR, ☎ . M-Sa 7AM-11PM, Su 10AM-4PM. Petrol station (different hours)
- 2 Co-op Food (Supermarket), 123-125 High St, Selsey, PO20 0QB, ☎ . Daily 7AM-11PM.
- 1 Viento De Levante (Mediterranean restaurant & tapas bar), 75 High St, Selsey PO20 0QL (on the B2145 nearby the fire station), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Riviera (Restaurant), 4 New Parade, High St, Selsey PO20 0QA, ☎ . Daily from 8AM, closing time seasonal.
- 3 Den's Fish Bar (Fish & Chips Take-away), 163 High St, Selsey PO20 0PZ, ☎ . M Tu noon-2PM & 5-8PM, W Th noon-2PM & 5PM-8:30PM, F noon-2PM & 5-9:30PM, Sa noon-2PM & 5-9PM.
- 1 The Liftboat Inn (26 Albion Road, PO20 0DJ). Inn with restaurant and beer garden.
- 2 The Fisherman's Joy (Pub & Food), ☎ .
- 3 The Crown Inn (Pub & Restaurant), 107 High St, Selsey PO20 0QL, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Pub: M-Th noon-11PM, F-Sa noon-12:30AM; food: daily noon-8PM.
- 4 The Neptune (Pub), 120 High St, Selsey PO20 0QE, ☎ .
Hotel and B&B options in Selsey are quite limited. Most tourists will be using camping, caravanning and holiday village accommodation in the West Sands area.
- 1 The Seal, 6 Hillfield Road PO20 0JX (on the B2145 in Selsey just south of Highfield Place shops). A pub with 13 rooms of B&B accomodation.
- 2 Vincent Lodge (B&B), 2 Vincent Rd, Selsey PO20 9DJ, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. On-site parking. Free Wi-Fi from £90/night.
- 3 The Coast Yard, St Andrews Lodge Chichester Rd, Selsey PO20 0LX, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 3-7:30PM, check-out: by 10:30AM. from £70 for small double in low season.
- 4 Greenacre (B&B), Manor Farm Court, Selsey PO20 0LY, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Single from £45, double/twin from £70.
- 1 Post Office, 123-125 High St, Selsey PO20 0QB (in Co-op store). Daily 7AM-11PM.