Jump to navigation Jump to search
The districts of Gangbuk (강북), Dobong (도봉), Eunpyeong (은평), Seongbuk (성북) and Nowon (노원) are in the northern part of Seoul. It is probably best known for the Bukhan mountain that offers nature and hiking close to the city.
- Dobong is accessible though Metro lines 1, 4 and 7
- Eunpyeong is accessible through Metro lines 3 and 6
- Gangbuk is accessible via Metro line 4
- Nowon is accessible through Metro line 1,4, 6 and 7
- 1 4.19 Memorial Cemetery, San 9-1, Suyu 4-dong, Gangbuk-gu 국립4.19민주묘지, ☎ . Dedicated to the tragic events in 1960 which are now considered the roots of modern Korean democracy. 224 people were killed during the April 19 Movement, and were buried in this cemetery. It became a national cemetery in 1995. This place has a museum, several statues, and a mausoleum. It is a popular park to learn about culture and heritage.
- 2 Dream Forest Park (북서울 꿈의 숲), 173, Wolgye-ro, Gangbuk 서울특별시 강북구 월계로 173 (번동) (Line 4, Mia Samgeori Station, Exit 1), ☎ .
- 3 Korea Furniture Museum (한국가구박물관), 121 Daesagwan-ro (Seongbuk). Tours in English Tu-Sa 14:00 and 16:00. 2000 pieces of traditional furniture and ten traditional Korean houses on display. Visits by guided tour only, which has to be booked beforehand. ₩20,000.
- 1 Bukhansan (북한산) (Gireum Station (Subway Line 4), Exit 3. Take Bus 110B or 143, and get off at the last bus stop.). 2 hours before sunrise to sunset. The highest peak in Seoul, at 836.5m. Close to the summit, standing above Seoul, is one of the starkest nature/urban divides in the world. These hiking trails are the most visited of the world, with friendly local hikers.
- 1 Suyeon Sanbang (수연산방), 8, Seongbuk-ro 26-gil (Walk or take bus 1111 from Hansung University station), ☎ . 11:30-22:00. A tea house located in an old traditional wooden house which used to be the home of the writer Lee Tae-Jun. Try the jujube (red dates) tea and the pumpkin desserts while admiring the picturesque garden. There are only very few tables available, so it pays off to come early to get one of the good tables at the window. This place is quite expensive and having a tea for two with dessert will cost you around ₩20,000.
- 1 Somerset Palace Seoul, 7 Yulgok-ro 2-gil Jongno-gu, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Serviced apartments designed in studio, two-bedroom and penthouse layouts are available.