Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Serres region is in Macedonia (Greece).
- 1 Serres
- 2 Sidirokastre
- 3 Nigrita
- 4 Herculean
- 5 Nea Zichni
- 6 Skotoussa
- 7 Amphipolis — municipality in the Serres
- 1 Lake Kerkini. Scenic lake, with many viewing points, especially around the western shoreline. A visitor centre is in the village of Kerkini, away from the lake itself, but well worth visiting for free maps and orientation. Staff speak English. For birdwatchers, this is a must-see location. Take a boat from the jetty near Kerkini to see pelicans (two species), flamingoes and many other species, in vast numbers, and at close quarters. Price (as of 2018) €7-10 per head, for 60-90 minutes, for groups.
- 2 Lailias Ski Center
- 3 Fort Ruppel
- 4 Baths Nigritas
- 5 Sidirokastro Baths
- Pangaion Hills
- Thessaloniki: The second largest city in Greece. Beautiful romantic city with many attractions and spectacular beach with beautiful White Tower.
- Drama: Second largest city of East Macedonia. Every Christmas it has beautiful Oneiroupoli. Summer is the short film festival.
- Kavala: Big city with beautiful beaches and many attractions and sexy romantic city with views across the Thassos.
- Kilkis: Small town with 22,000 inhabitants, capital of the homonymous prefecture and municipality.