At the western tip of the district is a traditional water town — a scenic area with many canals and old buildings — named Fengjing. It is best known for originating "Jinshan peasant painting", a style which has become quite well-known in China and has been exhibited internationally. It is still an active center for such work. On the map, it is the area in red while the rest of Jinshan is shown in yellow.
The new Jinshan Railway, former metro line Songjiang district, but not all trains stop at all of these., connects Jinshan to Shanghai South Railway Station (lines and ). The trip takes about half an hour. The route also passes through several stations in
The ShiMei (石梅線 or 石梅线) bus travels between Jinshan and Jinjiang Amusement Park (錦江樂園 or 锦江乐园) which is on metro line. Travel time is about an hour and fare ¥10 each way.
- 1 Donglin temple (金山东林寺), Shanghai Jin Shan Qu Dong Lin Jie (metro line to Lianhua Rd Station. Leave station from the North exit, to the left you will see a bus station. Find the bus 莲金专线空调, 莲花路地铁站-朱泾 (lianjin zhuanxian kongtiao, lianhua lu ditiezhan-zhujing) (lianjin special purpose bus (AC), from Lianhua station to Zhujing Town, where the temple is). To confirm the bus is going there, ask, 'Zhe liang dao zhujing ma?'. The final stop is a few blocks from the temple. Ask someone to point the way. Take the same bus back, but towards Lianhua station. One way without traffic should take less than an hour.). Donglin Temple has over 700 years of history. The temple has been renovated, and is a magnificent sight to see. Donglin Temple has large-scale, high artistic value, and three Guinness World Records: The Goddess of Mercy and the world's tallest Buddha Cloisonné—Sudhana (5.4 m) the highest bronze door in the world-qian fo door (20.1 m), The world's tallest indoor statue —- the statue of Guanyin Bodhisattva with one thousand hands and several heads (34.1 m). ¥30.
- 2 Fengjing Ancient Town (枫泾古镇), 39 Xinfeng Rd, Fengjing Town (Direct bus (FengMei Line 枫梅线) from the bus station just past Jinjiang Action Park station on line , taking 45 minutes and leaving every 20 minutes - you need to buy a paper ticket for 12 RMB at the far end of the bus station.). This ancient water town dates back over 1500 years, and used to straddle the border between the Wu and Yue states. It has the usual collection of old buildings and bridges, old streets lined with shops, boats ferrying tourists through the canals, and museums and mansions which charge admission. The latter focus more on local communist history than you see in other water towns. The town is famous for its own style of painting, and has several characteristic local foods. free.
- 3 Jinshan Museum (金山博物馆), 1800 Jinshan Avenue, Jinshan District (金山区金山大道1800号) (Take the train to Jinshan, then transfer to bus no. 10 and get off at the stop named after the museum), ☏ . 09:00-16:00, closed on Mondays. Free.
- 4 Jinshanwei War of Resistance Heritage Park (金山卫抗战遗址纪念园, Jinshanwei War of Resistance Memorial Park), 87 Nan'an Road (南安路87号) (take the Zhushi Bus Line (朱石专线) from Jinshanwei Railway Station), ☏ . 09:00-16:00. Commemorates the landing of Japanese troops in the coastal town of Jinshanwei on November 5th, 1937. The Japanese encountered little resistance, as Chinese army divisions that had formally been stationed in the area had been redeployed elsewhere. Following the Japanese landings at Jinshanwei, the Chinese soldiers in Shanghai were surrounded from both the north and the south, so three days later, on November 8th, Chinese central command made the fateful decision to order all forces to abandon the city and retreat to the west. The park includes a number of monuments, as well as a museum about the Jinshanwei landings. The museum is inside the Jinshanwei Fort, a reconstructed Ming Dynasty fort that was destroyed during the Taiping Rebellion. Free.
- 5 Jinshanzui Fishing Village (金山嘴渔村), 6394 Shanghai-Hangzhou Highway, Shanyang Town (山阳镇沪杭公路6394号) (about 1 km east of Jinshanwei Railway Station), ☏ . 08:30-17:00 (museum opening hours). Said to be the last surviving coastal fishing village in Shanghai. The village is now one of the main tourist destinations in Jinshan District. It features a number of small museums and historical sites. The visitor center is at 88 Tingwei South Road (亭卫南路88号) near the village committee office. Entry to the village is free. Each of the museums charge ¥10. You can buy a combo ticket for ¥40. Children under 1.3 meters and adults over 60 pay half price.
- 1 City Beach (金山城市沙滩). Jinshan City Beach is on the north bank of Hangzhou Bay, at the southern end of Jinshan District. The area combines great scenery, points of interest and entertainment all in one strip, and is composed of 2 square kilometers of blue waters, 120,000 square meters of golden sands and a 1.7 kilometer silver walkway. Every spring, Jinshan beach hosts the national kite flying competition and the world beach volleyball tournament; in the summer thousands of visitors come for the Fengxia Music Festival. Sail boating, speed boating, bungee jumping and 4-wheeling activities makes this place a great spot for athletics as well.
The water town Fengjing has a number of galleries mainly selling paintings in the local style.
- Holiday Inn Shanghai Jinshan, 808 Zhiwei Road, ☏ .
- Holiday Inn Express Shanghai Jinshan, 475, Haihui Street, Longhao Road.