Jump to navigation Jump to search
Louisville International Airport is fifteen miles north of Shepherdsville.
Shepherdsville can be reached by using Exit 116 (KY 448) or Exit 117 (KY 44) off of I-65.
- Shepherdsville Country Music Show, I-65 at KY 44, Exit 117, +1 502 239-8004 (Fridays) or +1 502 543-6551 (Saturdays). Family atmosphere, no smoking or alcohol. Country Music on Saturdays at 7:30PM (all year round). Bluegrass Music on Fridays at 8PM (October thru last Friday in April).
- 1 Four Roses Distillery Cox's Creek Warehouse, 624 Lotus Rd. Cox's Creek (12 miles southeast of Shepherdsville), ☏ . M-F 9AM - 3PM. See bottling done by hand and smell aging bourbon in white oak barrels. Gift shop and free private tours.
- Jim Beam American Stillhouse, 568 Happy Hollow Rd, Clermont, ☏ . Clermont. The film presentation about the Beam Family and the early history of bourbon production is a great way to learn about a fascinating Kentucky tradition. A self-guided tour through the distilling process, an 1800s cooperage display, and a walk around the grounds gives one the feeling of going back in time over 200 years. The Homestead, adjacent to the Outpost, offers a glimpse of the Beam family history. Free tours M-Sa 9AM-4:30PM, Su 1-4PM.
- Bullitt County History Museum, 300 S. Buckman St, ☏ . M-F 8AM-4PM, closed holidays. The Bullitt County History Museum was opened in 2004 as part of a rejuvenation of the old county courthouse. Besides two display rooms, the museum boasts a salt kettle display, unique genealogical and historical research material with a room for your research. Free.
- Bernheim Arboretum & Research Forest (KY 245 west of I-65 exit 112), ☏ . Daily, 8AM to 1 hr before sunset. The Official State Arboretum features 14,000 acres of wildlife sanctuary, a landscaped arboretum and a new visitor center. It also features an open, airy design combining the latest "green" construction techniques, making it unlike any building in the region. Inside are new exhibits for learning about Bernheim, a gift shop, and a seasonal food service (March through October), many new outdoor exhibits including a canopy tree walk, scent and sound mazes and hand-held computer field guides. New trails and walkways provide visitors with many opportunities to enjoy and learn about nature. Picnic facilities and interpretive programs are also available. Free during week, $5 per vehicle on weekends & holidays.
- Kart Kountry Go-Cart & Miniature Golf (off KY 44 at I-65, exit 117), ☏ . Daily 10AM-10PM. Family entertainment at the largest & longest go-cart track in the country. There is something for everyone from go-cart riding, to baseball & softball batting cages, bumper boats, arcade games and mini-golf.
- Slow Poke Farm, 8910 Cedar Grove (off I-65 at KY 480, exit 116), ☏ . Slow Poke Farm offers a variety of programs that can interest all ages, from an open car cruise, scrapbooking, candlelight dinners on the patio and to the artist within offering various classes weekly. Reservations are required so call early to get a spot on your favorite program.
Festivals and events
- Red Crow Indian Pow Wow. Early June City Park, Shepherdsville.
- Bullitt County Fair Mid June Bullitt County Fairgrounds.
- 4th of July Bullitt Blast July 4 +1 502 543-8687.
- Salt River Canoe Race July 4 Mt. Washington to Shepherdsville.
- Bluegrass 101 Festival Late August Bullitt County Fairgrounds.
- Old Fashion Days 1st Friday & Saturday in October Lebanon Jct.
- Colorfest Late October Bernheim Arboretum & Research Forest.
- Light Up Shepherdsville. 1st Friday in December City Park.
- Christmas at Shephersville Square 1st Saturday in December
- Christmas in the City 2nd Saturday in December Lebanon Jct.
- Cedar Lakes, Zoneton.
- Lake Nevin, Clermont, +1 502 955-8512. Hours: M-Sa.
- The Crossings Golf Club, 205 Letts Rd (KY 1020). Brooks 957-6523. 18-hole, Par 72, championship course. Full-service snack bar, cart rental, covered pavilion, Meeting rooms, and demo/rental clubs.
- Penn Run Golf Course, KY 2053 east of KY 61 (north of Bullitt-Jefferson County line), +1 502 957-5940. 18-hole golf course, cart rental, and pro shop.
- Heritage Hills Golf Course.
- Jefferson Gun Club, Waterford Road off KY 1020, 957-4661. 85 acres of shotgun heaven! Skeet, sporting clays, trap shooting. Instructions, monthly tournaments, and camping facilities available. Tu Th 4PM-8PM, W 1PM-8PM, Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 11AM-5PM.
- Knob Creek Gun Range, 690 Ritchey Ln, West Point (KY 44 West of Shepherdsville), ☏ . Come visit Knob Creek Gun Range and test your skills to any degree. This facility can accommodate the Marksman you want to be.
- The Most Awesome Flea Market, I-65 at KY 480, exit 116, 877-4A-SPOTT or 543-7899. Open Sa,Su 9AM-5PM year around; 350 booths indoor & outdoor. Activities feature a baby crawl race every Sunday at 2:30PM, winner receive cash prize.
- China Buffet, 445 KY 44 East, 921-2891.
- El Tarasco, 445 KY 44 East, 543-4024.
- Gatti's Pizza, 162 Joe B. Hall Ave, ☏ .
- Moby Dick, 1659 Hwy 44 E, ☏ . Bullitt County's outpost of a Louisville-area fast-food seafood chain. Best known for fried cod plates, but the menu also includes several other types of seafood, chicken tenders, and fried bratwurst. However, the chain closed its dining rooms when COVID-19 came on the scene, and didn't start reopening its dining rooms until early May 2022. For now, this location offers only drive-through service.
- Tumbleweed, 380 Brenton Way (I-65 & Exit 121), ☏ .
Bullitt County is a wet county.
- Best Western, 211 S. Lakeview Dr (I-65 Exit 117), ☏ , toll-free: . 85 rooms, Three Diamond, AAA Rated; Lounge/Bar; Live Entertainment; Seasonal Pool; Spas & Suites; Full Breakfast Free at Denny's Classic Diner; Deluxe Fitness Center; Coffee Maker; Iron/Board; Hairdryer; Microwave; Refigerator Available Upon Request; Free HBO/Cable; Meeting Room (100); Data Ports: Available in all Rooms, free wireless high-speed internet. Free Shuttle to and From Airport.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, 400 Paroquet Springs (next door To Paroquet Springs Conference Centre), ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com. 68 rooms, free breakfast, indoor pool, whirlpool, gym room, free YMCA use to guests, meeting room, guest laundry, coffee maker, hairdryer, ironing board, microfridge and data ports in all rooms; free wireless high-speed internet.
- Fairfield Inn, 362 Brenton Way (I-65 Exit 121), ☏ , toll-free: . 66 rooms, Free Cable; Pay-per-view Movies/Video Games; Coffee Makers, Hairdryers, Iron/Board; Seasonal Pool and Whirlpool; Jacuzzi Suites Available; Guest Laundry; Free Continental Breakfast; Meeting Room (25); Data Ports available in all Rooms, free wireless high-speed internet, Free Shuttle to and From Airport.
- Comfort Inn Shepherdsville, 191 Brenton Way (I-65 Exit 121), ☏ , toll-free: . 81 rooms; Pay-Per-View Movies; LodgeNet TV; Coffee Makers, Iron/Board; Hairdryer; Refrigerator Available Upon Request; Free Continental Breakfast; Free wireless High-Speed Internet & Data Ports; Pirate's Bay Indoor Waterpark Adventure; Business First Rooms Only.
- Super 8, 275 Keystone Crossroad Dr (I-65 Exit 117), ☏ , toll-free: . 59 rooms; Indoor Pool and use of YMCA Facility; Free Continental Breakfast; Free Local Calls; In-Room Microwaves, Refrigerators & Ironing Boards; Executive Suites Available; Data Ports Available in all Rooms; free wireless high-speed internet.
- Hampton Inn, 180 Willabrook Dr (I-65 Exit 121), ☏ , toll-free: . 64 rooms; AAA, AARP, Corporate and Military Discounts; Seasonal Pool; Whirlpool Rooms Available; Coffee Maker; Hairdryer, Iron/Board; Microwave; Refrigerator; Direct TV; Exercise Facility; Free Continental Breakfast; High-Speed Internet Access Available; Meeting Room (10); Data Ports available in all Rooms, free wireless high-speed internet, Free Shuttle to & from Airport.
- Holiday Inn Express, 365 Brenton Way, Hillview (I-65 Exit 121), ☏ , toll-free: . 67 rooms; 3-star property; Free cable TV with HBO, indoor pool, coffee makers, micro fridge in all rooms, iron & iron board, hair dryer, 32 inch plasma TVs, jacuzzis available, continental breakfast, fitness center, guest laundry, wired & wireless internet.
- Quality Inn & Suites, 716 Brooks Hill Rd (I-65 Exit 121), ☏ , toll-free: . 75 rooms; Whirlpool and Jacuzzi Suites; Free HBO in all Rooms; Indoor Swimming Pool; King Size Rooms include Coffee Maker, Refrigerator and Microwave; Free Continental Breakfast; Data Ports available in all Rooms; free wireless high-speed internet; Free Shuttle to and From Airport.
- Grandma's RV & Campground, 270 Dawson Dr (I-65 Exit 116), ☏ . Full Hook-ups 20-30-50 amps, 30 pull-thru sites available. Overnight Camping, weekend, weekly or monthly.
- KOA - Louisville South, 2433 KY 44E, ☏ , toll-free: . Primitive campsites and cabins. Spa, seasonal pool, playground, mini-golf, horseshoes, volleyball, basketball, nature walk, game room, laundromat, gift shop and grocery. Full hook-ups 20-30-50 amps, water and sewer hook-ups, dump station. Adjacent to the Salt River.
- Old Kentucky Home Scout Reservation (I-65, Exit 112), ☏ . Clermont. Available for retreats & meetings.
- Shepherdsville/Bullitt County Tourist & Convention Commission, 395 Paroquet Springs Dr., ☏ , toll-free: .
|Routes through Shepherdsville|
|Indianapolis ← Louisville ←||N S||→ Elizabethtown → Bowling Green|
|END ← Jct S/W N/E ←||W E||→ Mount Washington → Lawrenceburg|