North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > Kentucky > Kentucky Derby Region > Shepherdsville (Kentucky)
Louisville International Airport  is Fifteen miles north of Shepherdsville.
Shepherdsville can be reached by using Exit 116 (KY 448) or Exit 117 (KY 44) off of I-65.
- Hawks View Gallery & Café, 170 Carter Ave. Louisville (I-, Exit 121), ☎ . Distinctive hand-blown art glass items are made while you watch. Each piece is carefully crafted from raw materials and fired at over 2,000 degrees F. Items are featured in fine gift shops around the world. Gallery and showroom tours are self-guided, free daily tours, Tu-Sa, 10AM to 6PM. Free admission.
- Heartland of Kentucky Decanters & Steins, 1413 Pine Tavern Rd, ☎ . Lebanon Junction. Featured are America's largest selection of collector decanters and unusual steins from around the world. Among the memorabilia is a collection of Jim Beam bottles. Free self-guided tours. Hours: M-Sa, 10AM-5PM; Sundays by appointment; Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day. Call for appointment after hours. Free admission.
- Junction Jamboree, 777 KY 434, Lebanon Junction, ☎ , toll-free: . Country music every Saturday night. Showtime is at 7:30PM. No smoking, no alcohol. Concessions available. Admission: $8.00 for adults & senior citizens; $3 for children 7-12; free for children 6 and under.
- Shepherdsville Country Music Show, I-65 at KY 44, Exit 117, 239-8004 (Fridays) or 543-6551 (Saturdays). Family atmosphere, no smoking or alcohol. Country Music on Saturdays at 7:30PM (all year round). Bluegrass Music on Fridays at 8PM (October thru last Friday in April).
- Four Roses Distillery Cox's Creek Warehouse, 624 Lotus Rd. Cox’s Creek, KY 40013 (12 miles southeast of Shepherdsville), ☎ . Monday - Friday 9AM - 3PM. See bottling done by hand and smell aging bourbon in white oak barrels. Gift shop and free private tours.
- Jim Beam American Outpost & Homestead (KY 245 east of I-65, Exit 112), ☎ . Clermont. The film presentation about the Beam Family and the early history of bourbon production is a great way to learn about a fascinating Kentucky tradition. A self-guided tour through the distilling process, an 1800's cooperage display, and a walk around the grounds gives one the feeling of going back in time over 200 years. The Homestead, adjacent to the Outpost, offers a glimpse of the Beam family history. Free tours M-Sa, 9AM-4:30PM; Su, 1-4PM.
- Bullitt County History Museum, 300 S. Buckman St, ☎ . The Bullitt County History Museum was opened in 2004 as part of a rejuvenation of the old county courthouse. Besides two display rooms, the museum boasts a salt kettle display, unique genealogical and historical research material with a room for your research. Open 8am-4pm weekdays, closed holidays. Free admission.
- Bernheim Arboretum & Research Forest (KY 245 west of I-65 exit 112), ☎ . The Official State Arboretum features 14,000 acres of wildlife sanctuary, a landscaped arboretum and a new visitor center. It also features an open, airy design combining the latest "green" construction techniques, making it unlike any building in the region. Inside are new exhibits for learning about Bernheim, a gift shop, and a seasonal food service (March through October), many new outdoor exhibits including a canopy tree walk, scent and sound mazes and hand-held computer field guides. New trails and walkways provide visitors with many opportunities to enjoy and learn about nature. Picnic facilities and interpretive programs are also available. Open daily, 8am to 1 hr before sunset. Free during week, $5.00 per vehicle on weekends & holidays.
- Paroquet Springs Conference Centre, 395 Paroquet Springs Dr (off KY 44 West of I-65), ☎ , toll-free: , fax: . Paroquet Springs has 40,000 square feet of banquet, meeting and exhibit space. Flexible facilities within the Centre can accommodate groups up to 1500. Break-out rooms provied the atmosphere for small meetings. There are 12,000 square feet of exhibition space for larger events. Also, there are complete audio-visual capabilities throughout the Centre. The Banquet Room comfortably seats 200-300.
- Kart Kountry Go-Cart & Miniature Golf (Off KY 44 at I-65, exit 117), ☎ . M-Su, 10AM-10PM. Family entertainment at the largest & longest go-cart track in the country. There is something for everyone from go-cart riding, to baseball & softball batting cages, bumper boats, arcade games and mini-golf.
- Slow Poke Farm, 8910 Cedar Grove (off I-65 at KY 480, exit 116), ☎ . Slow Poke Farm offers a variety of programs that can interest all ages, from an open car cruise, scrapbooking, candlelight dinners on the patio and to the artist within offering various classes weekly. Reservations are required so call early to get a spot on your favorite program.
- Kids Fest 2nd Sat. in March Paroquet Springs Conference Centre.
- Bridal Fair 3rd Sun. in March Paroquet Springs Conference Centre.
- Regional Helth Expo April Paroquet Springs Conference Centre.
- Knob Creek Military Gun Show & Shoot. 2nd weekend in April 690 Ritchey Ln, West Point (KY 44 West of Shepherdsville).
- Mt. Washington Spring Festival. 2nd weekend in May Mt. Washington Middle School.
- Red Crow Indian Pow Wow. Early June City Park, Shepherdsville.
- Bullitt County Fair Mid June Bullitt County Fairgrounds.
- 4th of July Bullitt Blast July 4 543-8687.
- Salt River Canoe Race July 4 Mt. Washington to Shepherdsville.
- Bluegrass 101 Festival Late August Bullitt County Fairgrounds.
- Old Fashion Days 1st Fri. & Sat in October Lebanon Jct.
- Colorfest Late October Bernheim Arboretum & Research Forest.
- Light Up Shepherdsville. 1st Friday in December City Park.
- Christmas at Shephersville Square 1st Sat. in December
- Christmas in the City 2nd Sat. in December Lebanon Jct.
- Bennett Lake, Brooks, 922-9036. Stocked regularly. April thru October 1.
- Boondock's Grill Pay Lake & Camping, 3850 Beech Grove Rd, ☎ 921-0937.
- Cedar Lakes, Zoneton.
- Childress Lake, Brooks, 968-9458. 10700 Barrics Rd. Louisville Ky 40229
- Gilbert's Lake, Brooks, 957-1873. Stocked twice weekly.
- Harold Harbor Pay Lake, Lebanon Jct., 833-2022.
- Salt River/KOA, Exit 117 off I-65, Shepherdsville, 543-2041. Hours: Daylight only.
- Lake Nevin, Clermont, 955-8512. Hours: M-Sa.
- The Crossings Golf Club, 205 Letts Rd (KY 1020). Brooks 957-6523. 18-hole, Par 72, championship Course. Full-service snack bar, cart rental, covered pavilion, Meeting rooms, and demo/rental clubs.
- Knob View Golf Course, 11980 S. Preston Hwy, Lebanon Jct (West of Exit 105 off I-65), ☎ 833-2253. 9-hole golf course, cart rental, and pro shop.
- Maplehurst Golf Course, 700 Bells Mill Rd (off KY 61), ☎ 957-3370. 18 hole golf course, pro shop, cart rental. Group rates on golf outings.
- Penn Run Golf Course, KY 2053 east of KY 61 (north of Bullitt-Jefferson County line), 957-5940. 18-hole golf course, cart rental, and pro shop.
- Jefferson Gun Club, Waterford Road off KY 1020, 957-4661. 85 acres of shotgun heaven! Skeet, sporting clays, trap shooting. Instructions, monthly tournaments, and camping facilities available. Tu,Th 4PM-8PM, W 1PM-8PM, Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 11AM-5PM.
- Knob Creek Gun Range, 690 Ritchey Ln, West Point (KY 44 West of Shepherdsville), ☎ 922-4457. Come visit Knob Creek Gun Range and test your skills to any degree. This facility can accommodate the Marksman you want to be.
- The Most Awesome Flea Market, I-65 at KY 480, exit 116, 877-4A-SPOTT or 543-7899. Open Sa,Su 9AM-5PM year around; 350 booths indoor & outdoor. Activities feature a baby crawl race every Sunday at 2:30pm, winner receive cash prize.
- 888 Great Wall, 445 KY 44 East, 921-2891.
- Boondock's Grill, 3850 Beech Grove Rd, ☎ 921-0937.
- Denny's Diner, 200 S. Lakeview Dr, ☎ 921-2332.
- El Tarasco, 445 KY 44 East, 543-4024.
- Fazoli's, 210 Paroquet Springs Dr, ☎ 543-4058.
- Grandma's Kitchen, 740 Cedar Grove Rd, ☎ 921-4138.
- Moby Dick, 1659 KY 44 East, 543-3412.
- Mr. Gatti's, 162 Paroquet Springs Dr, ☎ 543-8888.
- Papa John's Pizza, 261 KY 44 East, ☎ 543-8988.
- Rio's Steakhouse, 441 Vine St, ☎ 955-7204.
- Shoney's, 500 KY 44 East, ☎ 543-8446.
- The Kitchen, 20 South Lake Dr, ☎ 543-8061.
- Bearno's Little Sicily, 135 F Market Place Dr., ☎ 957-5100.
- #1 Chinese Restaurant, 135 E. Market Place, ☎ 957-6981.
- Cracker Barrel, 275 Brenton Way, ☎ 955-4008, fax: I-65 & Exit 121.
- Grubb, 154 Overdale Dr, ☎ 955-5917.
- Tumbleweed, 380 Brenton Way (I-65 & Exit 121), ☎ 955-5747.
- Charger's Italian Diner & Games, 1122 N. Bardstown Rd, ☎ 538-6459.
- Country Diner, 1123 N. Bardstown Rd, ☎ 538-9996.
- The Covered Wagon, 611 Bardstown Rd, ☎ 538-7196.
- Domino's Pizza, ☎ 538-3888. 10731 KY 44 East.
- Fish Inn Again, 587 N. Bardstown Rd, ☎ 955-2044.
- Hometown Pizza, 11155 E. KY 44, 538-6633.
- Kettle Creek, 1150 N. Bardstown Rd, ☎ 538-4900.
- Li'l Slice of Heaven Gourmet Cheesecakes, 125 N. Bardstown Rd, ☎ 538-3512.
- Papa John's Pizza, 409 N. Bardstown Rd, ☎ 538-7474.
- Pizza Hut, N. Bardstown Rd., ☎ 538-7312.
- Rosa's Mexican Restaurant, 411 N. Bardstown Rd, ☎ 538-3316.
Bullitt County is a wet county.
- Best Western, 211 S. Lakeview Dr (I-65 Exit 117), ☎ 543-7097, toll-free: . 85 rooms, Three Diamond, AAA Rated; Lounge/Bar; Live Entertainment; Seasonal Pool; Spas & Suites; Full Breakfast Free at Denny's Classic Diner; Deluxe Fitness Center; Coffee Maker; Iron/Board; Hairdryer; Microwave; Refigerator Available Upon Request; Free HBO/Cable; Meeting Room (100); Data Ports: Available in all Rooms, free wireless high-speed internet. Free Shuttle to and From Airport.
- Country Inn & Suites, 400 Paroquet Springs (Next Door To Paroquet Springs Conference Centre), 543-8400 or +1-800-456-4000, . 68 rooms, Free Deluxe Plus Continental Breakfast; Indoor Pool; Whirlpool; Exercise Room; Free YMCA Use to Guests; Meeting Room; Guest Laundry; Coffee Maker; Hairdryer; Ironing Board & Microfridge in all rooms; Studio, One & Two Bedroom Suites; Data Ports available in all Rooms; free wireless high-speed internet.
- Days Inn, 130 Lakeview Dr (I-65 Exit 117), ☎ 543-3011, toll-free: . 120 Rooms; AAA, AARP and Military Discounts; Two On-Site Restaurants; Satellite TV; Seasonal Pool; Hairdryers, Iron/Board; Microwave and Refrigerator Available Upon Request; Non-Smoking Rooms Available; free wireless high-speed internet.
- Fairfield Inn, 362 Brenton Way (I-65 Exit 121), ☎ 955-5533, toll-free: . 66 rooms, Free Cable; Pay-per-view Movies/Video Games; Coffee Makers, Hairdryers, Iron/Board; Seasonal Pool and Whirlpool; Jacuzzi Suites Available; Guest Laundry; Free Continental Breakfast; Meeting Room (25); Data Ports available in all Rooms, free wireless high-speed internet, Free Shuttle to and From Airport.
- Hearthstone Inn & Suites, 191 Brenton Way (I-65 Exit 121), ☎ 955-9550, toll-free: . 81 rooms; Pay-Per-View Movies; LodgeNet TV; Coffee Makers, Iron/Board; Hairdryer; Refrigerator Available Upon Request; Free Continental Breakfast; Free wireless High-Speed Internet & Data Ports; Pirate's Bay Indoor Waterpark Adventure; Business First Rooms Only.
- Motel 6, 144 Paroquet Springs Dr (I-65 Exit 117), ☎ 543-4400, toll-free: . 98 rooms; Three Star; AARP Discount; Seasonal Pool; King-Size Rooms Available; Guest Laundry; Microwave and Refrigerator Available Upon Request; Free Cable TV, HBO and ESPN; Free Coffee Served Between 7am and 10am; Data Ports: Available in all Rooms.
- Super 8, 275 Keystone Crossroad Dr (I-65 Exit 117), ☎ 543-8870, toll-free: . 59 rooms; Indoor Pool and use of YMCA Facility; Free Continental Breakfast; Free Local Calls; In-Room Microwaves, Refrigerators & Ironing Boards; Executive Suites Available; Data Ports Available in all Rooms; free wireless high-speed internet.
- Baymont Inn, 149 Willabrook Dr (I-65 Exit 121), ☎ 957-6900, toll-free: . 66 rooms; AAA, AARP, Corporate and Military Discounts; Coffee Maker, Hairdryer; Safe; Microwave and Refrigerator Available Upon Request; Free Cable, Indoor Pool, Jacuzzi; Meeting Room (25), Free Shuttle to and From Airport, Data Ports available in all Rooms, free wireless high-speed internet.
- Econolodge (I-65 Exit 121), ☎ 955-1501, toll-free: . 52 rooms; Three Star, AAA Rated; Free Cable and HBO; Seasonal Pool; Coffee Makers; Iron/Board; Hairdryer; Jacuzzi Suites Available; Free Continental Breakfast; Data Ports available in all Rooms, free wireless high-speed internet, Free Shuttle to & from Airport.
- Hampton Inn, 180 Willabrook Dr (I-65 Exit 121), ☎ 957-5050, toll-free: . 64 rooms; AAA, AARP, Corporate and Military Discounts; Seasonal Pool; Whirlpool Rooms Available; Coffee Maker; Hairdryer, Iron/Board; Microwave; Refrigerator; Direct TV; Exercise Facility; Free Continental Breakfast; High-Speed Internet Access Available; Meeting Room (10); Data Ports available in all Rooms, free wireless high-speed internet, Free Shuttle to & from Airport.
- Holiday Inn Express, 365 Brenton Way, Hillview (I-65 Exit 121), ☎ 955-4985, toll-free: . 67 rooms; 3-star property; Free cable TV with HBO, indoor pool, coffee makers, micro fridge in all rooms, iron & iron board, hair dryer, 32 inch plasma TVs, jacuzzis available, continental breakfast, fitness center, guest laundry, wired & wireless internet.
- Quality Inn & Suites, 716 Brooks Hill Rd (I-65 Exit 121), ☎ 955-6272, toll-free: . 75 rooms; Whirlpool and Jacuzzi Suites; Free HBO in all Rooms; Indoor Swimming Pool; King Size Rooms include Coffee Maker, Refrigerator and Microwave; Free Continental Breakfast; Data Ports available in all Rooms; free wireless high-speed internet; Free Shuttle to and From Airport.
- Grandma's RV & Campground, 270 Dawson Dr (I-65 Exit 116), ☎ 543-7023. Full Hook-ups 20-30-50 amps, 30 pull-thru sites available. Overnight Camping, weekend, weekly or monthly.
- KOA - Louisville South, 2433 KY 44E, ☎ , toll-free: . Primitive campsites and cabins. Spa, seasonal pool, playground, mini-golf, horseshoes, volleyball, basketball, nature walk, game room, laundromat, gift shop and grocery. Full hook-ups 20-30-50 amps, water and sewer hook-ups, dump station. Adjacent to the Salt River.
- Old Kentucky Home Scout Reservation (I-65, Exit 112), ☎ 361-2624. Clermont. Available for retreats & meetings.
- Shepherdsville/Bullitt County Tourist & Convention Commission, 395 Paroquet Springs Dr., ☎ , toll-free: .
|Routes through Shepherdsville|
|Indianapolis ← Louisville ←||N S||→ Elizabethtown → Bowling Green|