From Melbourne it's around 175km - that is, two hours' drive, or you can catch a train from Southern Cross Station, Melbourne.
The town is small and buses infrequent. Hiring a taxi may be your best option.
Shepparton streets are quiet and the town is small so hiring a bicycle and riding is an option. There are lovely riding paths along the rivers. Bikes available for hire from Aquamoves and the Big4 Caravan Park.
Most bus routes around town operate each hour during business hours on weekdays, with a more limited timetable on Saturday and no services on Sunday.. For routes and timetable see the Public Transport Victoria website.
- Shepparton Communication Tower, Maude St Mall (Walk to the centre of the mall (Corner or Maude St and Fraser St)). Climb the ??? steps to the observation deck of the communication tower. The view is the best of anywhere in Shepparton. You can see how very very flat the Goulburn Valley is. Free.
- 1 Kids Town (Midland Highway between Shepparton and Mooroopna), ☏ . open 360 days of the year from dawn to dusk.. SPC Ardmona KidsTown is a children's adventure playground in a bush setting located between Shepparton and Mooroopna. Pretty amazing, and worth a detour if you have kids. Donation.
- 1 SPC Ardmona Factory Seconds Outlet, Cnr of Vaughn and Corio St. A must visit to pick up some ridiculously cheap (and slightly dented) cans of fruit.
- Mr D's (Available from any Milkbar in Shepparton). The cola with a cult following only in Shepparton, Mr D's.
- Sherbourne Terrace. The place the young go clubbing
- GV Hotel. The other place the young go clubbing
- Yahoo Bar. A funky local hangout. Try the on-tap speciality. 'Mr D with Vodka'
The Hotel Carrington is an OK facility, but since there is a strong smell of chlorine in their water, it is better to buy your drinking water from outside, if you stay there. Same for the food.
|Routes through Shepparton|
|END ←||N S||→ Mooroopna → Melbourne|
Kyabram Fauna Park - Worth a visit, only 30 mins drive.