One of the larger ski resorts in British Columbia, the mountain has 3,065 skiable acres and a vertical of 760 m and enjoys the dry, "champagne powder" snow of the Okanagan.
SilverStar's snow season runs from late November to mid-April weather permitting. SilverStar provides summer lift access for mountain biking and hiking from the end of June through to September. Check weather conditions here.
The resort spans over four mountain faces, giving it four distinct areas:
- Vance Creek offers most of the beginner and intermediate runs on the mountain. Therefore it is usually the busiest face of the mountain and has mostly groomed runs along with intermediate and expert runs. Vance Creek is serviced by the "Comet Six-pack Express" which ferries skiers from below the Village base and Silver Woods areas to the summit at 1,915 m. The "Summit Chair" is a Mueller double chair that takes skiers directly from the Village to the summit as well.
- Attridge is a small area beside Vance Creek which offers a wide variety of glade and groomed runs. The "Alpine Meadows" chair is a fixed grip quad and offers ski-in/ski-out access to the mountain from the developed area called Alpine Meadows.
- Silver Woods is a part of a catchment below the Comet Express and is serviced by the "Silver Woods Express" which is a detachable high-speed quad. Silver Woods offers many intermediate treed and glade runs and is an access point to the hill from the "Knoll Residential Area".
- Putnam Creek introduces skiers to much more difficult terrain than the rest of the mountain and offers to the more experienced skier. Most of the runs in the Putnam Creek area are black diamond and double black diamond runs consisting of steep lines with moguls and tree skiing. The "Powder Gulch Express", a Detachable high-speed quad gives lift access to the many runs and a way out with the "Home Run T-bar" back to the village.
Silver Star is approximately a 6-hour drive from Vancouver. Take the Trans-Canada Highway (#1) to Hope, Highway 5 to Kamloops, the Trans-Canada again to Monte Creek, Highway 97 to Silver Star Road (just before Vernon).
The nearest large airport is Kelowna International Airport (YLW IATA), which is served by Air Canada, Horizon Air, and WestJet. The Vernon Airporter provides shuttle service from the airport to Silver Star.
- A bus service is available from downtown Vernon and the Kelowna International Airport.
- Skiing and snowboarding: a one-day adult lift pass costs $71. SilverStar has 12 lifts: one Six-Pack Express chairlift (Comet Six-Pack Express), two detachable high-speed quads (Silverwoods Express, Powder Gulch Express), two fixed-grip quads (Silver Queen Chair, Alpine Meadows Chair) one T-bar (Home Run T-bar), three beginner magic carpets, and two tube lifts, on 3,269 acres (1,323 hectares) (13 km²) of skiable terrain.
- Tubing, ice skating and mini-snowmobiles
- Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing: with access to nearby Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre, SilverStar offers more than 105 km (60 miles) of daily groomed trails – the largest daily groomed trail network in Canada.
- Heli-skiing [dead link]
- Lift Access Mountain Biking: more than 50 km of downhill bike trails and more than 30 km of XC trail. The bike park features a 4-bike carrier lift system that uses a bike carrier on every second chair so you hardly ever wait in line. Biking terrain (XC and DH combined) consists of roughly 23% beginner green trails, 43% intermediate blue trails and 34% advanced and expert trails.
- Hiking, wildflower and nature tours
- Ski Dazzle, Main St, ☏ . A large selection of mountain bike specific product from brands such as Fox Head, Troy Lee Designs, Dakine, Smith and Oakley. We also have a variety of summer fashions from brands like Rip Curl, Burton and Volcom. Souvenirs, logowear,and candy and other treats from The Goody Box.
- Coldstream Dry Goods, Vance Creek Boardwalk on Main St, ☏ . An eclectic collection of gifts, home decor, souvenirs, jewellery, artwork, sportswear, SilverStar logo goods, high-end jewellery from Canadian designers.
- Lord Aberdeen Market, Main St in the Lord Aberdeen Hotel, ☏ . Full-service grocery and liquor store with fresh produce, meat and fish, locally baked goods, gifts such as Canadian maple syrup, locally made condiments and preserves, basic groceries, health and beauty products, stamps, phone cards, movie rentals, and a large selection of local wines, beer and liquor. Home delivery available.
- Village Ski Shop, Vance Creek Boardwalk on Main St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Downhill and Nordic skiwear and accessories offering a wide variety of the latest technical fabric and insulation systems from first layer to outerwear, and the latest in nordic lines for both skate and classic including Rossignol, Salomon, Noeway, Toko and Swix.
- HB Pizza (Lord Aberdeen boardwalk, in the main village), ☏ . $18-22 for a pizza.
- Mountain Katz (Main level of the Vance Creek Lodge), ☏ . Mid-range family restaurant.
- Silver Grill Steak and Chop House (Town Hall lower level), ☏ . Fine dining restaurant.
- The Den Bar and Bistro (Town Hall lower level), ☏ . Daily from 10AM.
A range of on-mountain accommodations is available.
- Bulldog Hotel, ☏ , toll-free: . Non-smoking, cable TV, small pets in some rooms (nightly fee applies), ski storage - supply your own lock, ski-in/ski-out, Bulldog Grand Café, DeVine Cellar, shared outdoor hot tub, free wireless internet access. These hotel rooms consist of a king bed and a sleeper sofa, or two queen beds, or one queen bed and a set of double/single bunk beds. Each room features a private bathroom with a bathtub and rain shower head. The rooms are also equipped with a 26" LCD TV, iPod clock radio, coffee maker, and mini fridge. Pets allowed. Some rooms are wheelchair-accessible.
- Silver Star Club Resort, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Snowbird Lodge, toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Free wireless internet access, private laundry facility (all suites except studios, 24-seat theatre, family lounge, cable TV, personal hot tub (all suites except studios), fitness room, kids play area, pets in some units, non-smoking.
- Lord Aberdeen Hotel, ☏ , toll-free: . One- to three-bedroom apartment style suites in the centre of the village. Home to H.B. Pizza, Long John’s Pub, the Aberdeen Market & Liquor Store, and Out of Bounds Cafe. Bike storage, non-smoking, cable TV, DVD, fireplace (most units), balcony, wireless internet access, shared hot tub (winter only), shared sauna, shared coin laundry facility, ride-in/ride-out, some pet friendly apartments (fee applies)