Simeria is on E 68/DN 7 road.
Simeria is a small town. You can take a walk to see the major objectives.
- 1 Măgura Uroiului Natural Reserve (In the territory of Simeria, access is on the county road DJ 107A Simeria-Rapolt-Geoagiu, 0.5 km from Uroi village). Măgura Uroiului is a Miocene age volcanic body in the form of dome. In Roman times worked a quarry from where it has been extracted large amounts of augit, andesite, used for buildings and monuments at Ulpia Traiana, Micia and other settlements in the area.
- 2 Dendrological Park (Parcul Dendrologic), 1 Decembrie St (corner with Biscaria street no.1.). Dendrological Reserve including the oldest and most valuable collection of exotic and native plants of Romania. The reserve stretches over an area of 70 hectares making it the 3rd in Europe and 11th place in the world. The park was created in 1700 around Gyulai Castle (later Oczkay Castle).
- Vila Dolce Vita, Str. I. Creanga Nr. 21, ☏ . Offers its guests four matrimonial rooms and one single room. Each room has free Internet connection, satellite TV, air conditioning, value safe, minibar, bathroom with shower and tub, bidet, hair dryer.
Area code is 254 for Romtelecom and 354 for RDS. If you dial from Romania you must dial 0254(0354) and if you dial from abroad you must dial +40254(+40354)
- Deva, 10 km away from Simeria. Visit Deva Fortress.
- Orastie, 16 km away from Simeria. Visit the Dacian Fortresses of the Orastie Mountains.
- Hunedoara, 25 km away from Simeria. Visit Corvinestilor Castle.
- Hateg, 31 km away from Simeria. Visit Prislop Monastery, Densus Church, Colt Church and Citadel.
- Petrosani, 81 km away from Simeria. Go skiing in Parang and Straja.