Stuttgart Airport is the nearest airport. There is no direct connection from the airport to Sindelfingen, but you can reach Sindelfingen relatively conveniently by Stuttgart's S-Bahn system, changing trains (from S2 or S3 to S1) at Stuttgart-Rohr.
You can also use the Frankfurt Airport (FRA IATA), which has direct high-speed railway connection to Stuttgart, which takes little over an hour, landing you at Stuttgart's Hauptbahnhof (central railway station). From there you can use the local public transportation.
By public transportation
Sindelfingen is served by Stuttgart's local commuter train system (S-Bahn), the only station in town is called simply Sindelfingen. It is only served by line S60, which takes a full 50 minutes to reach Sindelfingen from Stuttgarts Hauptbahnhof (central train station). Alternatively, you can take the S1 to Böblingen and change to S60 there, which in total should take around 30 minutes, or to a local bus.
- 1 Old city hall (Altes Rathaus), Lange Straße 13. Build 1478 as the town hall now the city museum (Stadtmuseum) free admission.
- 2 Lütze Museum (Galerie der Stadt Sindelfingen), Marktplatz 1. Art exhibits in the Mittleren Rathaus
- Pedestrian Crossings. Marble Zebra - Crossings. Crazy.
- 1 Mercedes-Benz factory, Sindelfingen (S-bahn to Boblingen, then catch the courtesy bus), ✉ email@example.com. Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM. The heart of Mercedes-Benz manufacture, and well worth the visit. There are some 40,000 employees on site, including 9,000 in research & development alone! There are also guided tour in English weekdays at 13.30, bookable by writing an email to the visitor center. Free.
- Internationales Straßenfest (international street festival): 22–24 June 2018. Annual festival which takes place in the streets of the town centre. International food, drinks and music. (date needs updating)
- 1 Breuningerland Shopping center, Tilsiter Straße 15. Mo. - Fr. 10.00 - 20.00 h Thursdays 10.00 - 22.00 h Sa. 9.30 - 20.00 h.
- 2 Stern Center, Mercedesstr. (near main bus station). shopping mall
- 1 Burger King, Eschenbrünnlestraße 2, ☏ . 24 hours..
- 2 McDonald's, Tilsiter Straße 7. 24 hours.
- 3 KFC, Böblinger Straße 60 (near Ikea).
- Kebab many kebab("döner")- shops all around town
- Wettbachplatz Many Bars & Restaurants surround the square. Foreign and local cuisine. Especially nice in summer.
- 4 Zum Erdinger, Wettbachstraße 1, ☏ . Good southern German food restaurant
- 5 Brasserie Max, Wettbachstraße 2, ☏ .
- 6 Altstadtlokal Funzel, Untere Vorstadt 12, ☏ . Good German (Scwäbisch) food. Seating inside and outside on the edge of the square.
- During summer try something around "Wettbachplatz". Many Bars & Restaurants.
- 1 Irish Pub "Ireland's Own", Ziegelstraße 8.
- 1 Hotel Am Klostersee, Burghaldenstraße 6. Old style German hotel.
- 2 Hotel balladines, Calwer St 16. Good sized rooms. Central location.
- 3 Erikson, Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Straße 8.
- 4 Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen, Mahdentalstraße 68. With style, furnishing and most customers like being a USA hotel except with better plumbing. Reasonable but not large sized rooms, TV a museum piece. Can be noisy as many American families with children long stay here. Expensive.
- 5 Mercure Hotel Bristol Stuttgart Sindelfingen, Wilhelm-Haspel St 101.
- 6 Mercure Hotel Stuttgart Sindelfingen an der Messe, Schwertstr. 65.
- 7 [dead link] Nordic hotel (was EuroHotel Stuttgart), Waldenbucher Straße 84 (Next to Goldberg S-bahn). Basic rooms, friendly staff. Some rooms get traffic noise from Autobahn.