Skegness is a seaside town in Lincolnshire. It has many visitors on a regular basis, mostly to Butlins Skegness
Skegness is reached by the A158 from the west or the A52 from the south or north.
The nearest ferry port to Skegness is King George Dock in Hull. A distance of 47 miles.
Local bus services run along the coast at regular intervals.
- Service 1, 1A: Skegness – Ingoldmells – Chapel St. Leonards.
- Service 3: Coastal Cruiser open topper.
- Service 4: Butlins – Fantasy Island.
- Service 5: Skegness – Butlins.
- Service 9: Skegness – Mablethorpe – Skegness.
- 1 Natureland Seal Sanctuary, North Parade, PE25 1DB, ☎ . Opens at 10AM every day except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day. Adults £6.50, Children £4.20, Under 3's free.
- 2 Bateman's Brewery Visitor Centre, Mill Ln, Wainfleet, PE24 4JE. Offers an insight into brewing from the local independent company Bateman's at their picturesque site on the River Steeping. Visitors are able to tour the brewhouse and view traditional equipment as well as an exhibition explaining and demonstrating the brewing process. Open Wednesday-Sunday from April to September.
- Bottons Pleasure Beach, Grand Parade, PE25 2UQ, ☎ . Funfair situated on the sea front. Free entry to the park and the rides are either paid for by tokens or a wristband, which offers unlimited rides all day.
- Have your palm read by one of the many Romany Clairvoyants on the sea front
- A must for children is a ride on one of the lovely Skegness donkeys on the beach
- 1 Skegness Pier, Grand Parade, PE25 2UE.
- 2 Imperial Ballroom (at The Grosvenor House Hotel), North Parade, PE25 2TE (Opposite Skegness Pier on the Seafront), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Various to suit. Home of ballroom, sequence & Latin dancing. Superb art deco ballroom on 1st floor of this mock Tudor hotel. Also has international tribute acts and special weekenders including Motown, country, modernist, rock 'n' roll and Northern soul. Many past masters have appeared in the Imperial Ballroom. Various depending on event.
The obligatory stick of rock!
- 1 Hildreds Shopping Centre, Briar Way, PE25 3NR. Mon - Sat 8AM - 8PM, Sun 10AM - 5PM. Small shopping centre comprising 26 high street names
Skegness has many restaurants and cafes. There are many high street chains, and many independent establishments.
There are many clubs and pubs in Skegness! There are lots in the highstreet! This is "the hub" of most businesses in Skegness.
- Ivydene Hotel, 39 - 41 Drummond Road, PE25 3EB, ☎ .
- Butlin's Skegness', Ingoldmells. Mainly consists of budget and premium self-catering rooms and apartments. There is a wide range of family entertainment as well as swimming pools and sporting activities, and is by the beach with transport links into Skegness. Butlins Skegness is the first of Billy Butlin's holiday camps. (There are three Butlins resorts: Bognor Regis, Minehead and Skegness.) Open to day visitors on certain dates, and for holidays it's open all year.
- Serena Court Hotel, 43 Drummond Road, PE25 3EQ, ☎ .
- Park Resorts Southview, Near Skegness. offers a wide variety of accommodation types which include lodges, caravans, chalets and apartments whilst also having a hotel. On Site there is a swimming pool, golf course and a number of restaurants and entertainment. Also open to tourers.
- Richmond Holiday Centre. is a caravan park which has a leisure complex with pool, spa and sauna as well as amusement arcades and sports facilities. It also has a good selection of places to eat as well as some shops. Also open to tourers.
- 1 Grosvenor House Hotel, North Parade, Skegness, (Opposite Skegness Pier) (Sea front opposite Skegness Pier), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. Known for live ballroom dancing, it features children’s entertainment and a full a la carte menu at Jubilee Bar & Carvery. Breakfast from £2.95 to £7.97 from 8 am to midday. Full menu from midday through 9 pm with 2 x bar meals for £12. Carvery Wednesday's (midday to 3 pm & 5 pm - 8 pm) & Sunday's 11.30 am through 6 pm. Carvery served every day during peak times. Main menu available entire opening times until 9 pm. Also has a large selection of beers to include Fosters, Carling, John Smith's, Strongbow, Strongbow Dark Fruits, San Miquel, Guiness, Kronenburg 1664 and many bottled beers from around the world, plus a range of spirits and fine wines. Offering nightly live entertainment 7 days a week in season and 5 nights in mid season. They have a large selection of single, double, triple and family rooms with up to five beds, many with sea views. Wedding & conference facilities, room hire also available. From £35.
- Butlin's Skegness Caravan Village, Ingoldmells. Opposite the main Butlin's resort, the caravan village is owned by Bourne Leisure, the same company as Butlin's and offers direct access to the main resort. No other caravan park offers this. As well as including access to the main resort, the caravan village offers its own entertainment.