Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > East Midlands > Lincolnshire > Boston (England)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Prime Meridian passes directly though Boston.
- 1 The Stump. Boston's Parish Church of St Botolph has the highest church tower in England at 272 ft and can be seen for miles over the south Lincolnshire countryside and even from across the Wash. The church's foundation probably dates back to a monastery founded by St Botolph in 654. The present church building dates from 1309, though construction of the tower did not begin until 1450. A 17th century vicar of Boston, John Cotton, was one of the leaders of the Pilgrim Fathers who founded Boston, Massachusetts.
- 2 The Bubblecar Museum, Clover Farm, Main Rd, Langrick, PE22 7AW (10 km north-west). Museum dedicated to British microcars. £3 for adults and £1 for children.
- 3 Sibsey Trader Windmill, Frithville Road, Sibsey, PE22 0SY (5 miles North on A16), ☏ . T S Su 10AM-6PM. An impressive six-story working windmill built in the late 19th century, a tearoom on-site sells produce made from the mill. Open weekends March to October and also on Tuesdays from May, open Saturdays from November to February. adults £2.50, children £1.00, concessions £2.00.
- 4 Maud Foster Mill. A seven floor working windmill which is one of the tallest in Britain. It still produces flour, the process of which can be seen by visitors. Also has an on-site tea room. Open throughout the year, Tearooms – daily, Mill – Wednesday and at the weekend, as well as on Thursday and Friday in July and August.
There are a number of places one can eat. Indian restaurants, Chinese, French, and even Thai.
- Deniros Restaurant, 2a Tawney St, ☏ . serves all kinds of Italian food
- Tate's Fish Restaurant, 4-6 New St, ☏ . serves fish and chips and it has been running in Boston for a number of years. People are lovely and always helpful to help you.
- 1 Zhuguang Cantonese Restaurant, 138 West St, PE21 8RE, ☏ .
|Routes through Boston|
|Grimsby ← Spilsby ←||N SW||→ Spalding → Peterborough|
|Nottingham ← Grantham ←||W NE||→ Skegness|