Jump to navigation Jump to search
Spilsby is in Lincolnshire.
- 1 Gunby Hall and Gardens, Gunby, Spilsby, PE23 5SS, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Near Skegness is a large house dated from the early 18th century set in parkland with Victorian walled gardens. The Hall is open Wednesday and Sunday from the end of May to the end of October, with the gardens and tea rooms being open Wednesday-Sunday during this time.
- 2 Bolingbroke Castle, ☏ . Near Spilsby features the besieged remains of an 13th century castle which was the birthplace of King Henry IV in 1366. Accessible at any reasonable time. Free.
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre (located near the RAF base in the village of Coningsby near Spilsby). It is home of the famous display team which consists of the Avro Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane, as well as other aircraft. The Lancaster Bomber PA474 is one of only two remaining that are still airworthy. The visitor centre features an exhibition with details of the flight's history whilst guided tours of the hangar are also available, though it is worth noting that presence of particular aircraft cannot always be guaranteed due to display commitments. Open Monday-Friday throughout the year, usually closed on Bank Holidays.
- 3 Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre. Is on the site of the former RAF East Kirkby near Spilsby. The award winning museum has exhibitions of aircraft and wartime vehicles as well as the opportunity to tour former control tower, hangar and other buildings. It is home to the no longer airworthy Lancaster Bomber NX611, more commonly known as "Just Jane" in which visitors are able to book to take taxy rides at selected times. Open throughout the year Monday-Saturday.
- 4 Snipe Dales nature reserve (near Spilsby).
|Routes through Spilsby|
|Grimsby ← Louth ←||NW SW||→ Boston → Peterborough|