Skokie is a city in the Chicagoland area.
Skokie is accessible by the CTA Yellow Line (the Skokie Swift) and the Edens Expwy (I-94). If you take the "Swift" to Skokie, check out the historic old Northshore Line train station adjacent to the Dempster terminal.
Pace & CTA buses run through Skokie forming connections at Old Orchard, Skokie CTA Station and Downtown Skokie and the Village Crossing Shopping Center.
CTA buses cost $2 per rides plus $0.25 for a transfer. 1-day, 3-day and 7-day passes are available for $10, $20 and $28.
PACE buses cost $2 per ride.
Combined 7-day passes for the CTA and PACE are available for $33.
- Skokie Park District. Has facilities such as the batting cages/mini golf
- Oakton Pool.
- Skokie Public Library, 5215 Oakton St, ☎ . M-F 9AM-9PM, Sa 9AM-6PM, Su noon-6PM. Public library, cultural events, free internet access
- 1 Westfield Old Orchard (formerly Old Orchard Shopping Center), ☎ .
- Village Crossing Shopping Center (Touhy Ave & Carpenter Ave).
- Skokie Theatre Music Foundation, 7924 N Lincoln Ave, ☎ . Jazz, Theater, Film events
As Skokie is majority Jewish, it is arguably the best place in the Chicago metropolitan area to find kosher food.
- Duffy's Cocktail Lounge.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie.
- Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie).
- Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie.
- Rodeway Inn Skokie.
|Routes through Skokie|
|Milwaukee ← Wilmette ←||W E||→ Chicago → Gary|
|Milwaukee ← Wilmette ←||N S||→ Chicago → Terre Haute|