North America > United States of America > Midwest > Illinois > Chicagoland > North Shore (Illinois) > Wilmette
- Close by Interstate I-90/94, known locally as the Edens Expressway.
- By taxi, from O'Hare airport
- By Pace bus from neighboring suburbs
- The CTA Purple Line 'L' terminates at 1 Linden Station, located on Linden Avenue between 3rd and 4th Streets, a few blocks west of the Baha'i House of Worship. The Purple Line provides all-day service to Evanston and Howard Station in Rogers Park on Chicago's Far North Side. It also provides weekday rush hour service to the Loop.
- The Metra Union Pacific / North Line stops at 2 Wilmette Station, located along Green Bay Road between Central and Lake Avenues in Downtown Wilmette. The Union Pacific / North Line runs from Ogilvie Transportation Center in Downtown Chicago's West Loop all the way to Kenosha, Wisconsin, stopping at many towns along Chicagoland's North Shore on the way.
- Bicycle [formerly dead link]
PACE Bus Routes
- 213 Green Bay Road
- 421 Wilmette Avenue
- 422 Linden CTA/Glenview/Northbrook Court
- 423 Linden CTA-The Glen-Harlem CTA
- 1 Baha'i House of Worship, 100 Linden Ave (at Sheridan, three blocks east of Linden CTA stop), ☎ . 6AM-10PM daily. A cultural and architectural wonder.
- 2 Wilmette Theatre, 1122 Central Ave (two blocks east of Wilmette Metra stop), ☎ . Has movies and live performances.
- [dead link]Gillson park. For beach, sailing, tennis, picnic, marina, playground, dog beach.
- [dead link]Wallace Bowl. An outside theater located at Gillson Park. Originally built by the WPA, it was recently rehabbed to its original specifications. Free concerts and plays are available in the warm weather months.
- [dead link]Centennial Pool.
- [dead link]Centennial Ice Rink.
- Wilmette Public Library.
- Wilmette's public golf course.
- [dead link]Community Recreation Center. Offers gymnastics.
- Chestnut Street Beach.
- Edens Plaza. A large shopping center located on the west end of town at the intersection of Lake Avenue and Skokie Boulevard (US41)near the Edens Expressway. It features anchor stores like Carson Pirie Scott, Bed, Bath and Beyond and the Fresh Market in addition to many smaller stores.
- Crystal Cave. Souvenirs.
- Piero's Pizza, 335 Ridge Rd, ☎ , . Best pizza on the North Shore.
- Tsing Tao. Located on Green Bay Road. Chinese-American food.
- Wilmette Chuck Wagon, 1120 Central Ave, ☎ . Greek, burgers, and hotdogs.
- Kama Kura, Central Street. Sushi and Japanese cuisine.
- The Noodle, 708 12th St, ☎ . Lunch: M-F 11:30AM-2:30PM; Dinner: M-Th 5PM-9PM, F-Sa 5PM-10PM, Su 4:30PM-8:30PM.
- Dairy Queen, 3510 Lake Ave, ☎ . Su-Th 11AM-9:30PM, F-Sa 11AM-10PM.
- Akai Hana, 3223 W Lake Ave, ☎ . M-Sa 5PM-9PM, Su 4PM-8PM.
- Homer's Ice Cream, 1237 Green Bay Rd, ☎ .
- Ridgeview Grill.
- Burhops. Seafood
- Irving's for Red Hot Lovers. Fast Food
- Lou Malnati's Pizza, 3223 Lake Ave, ☎ . M-Th 4PM-10PM, F-Sa 11AM-11PM, Su 11AM-9PM. Carry-out only.
- [dead link]Charlie's Coffee House. Has live music at night.
- C. J. Arthur's. Has live music and great dinners.
- Meier's Tavern.
- Bicycle or run the Green Bay Trail,  to Ravinia, !
- Hop on a train south to Evanston or onward to Chicago
|Routes through Wilmette|
|Milwaukee ← Northfield ←||W E||→ Skokie → Chicago|
|Milwaukee ← Northfield ←||N S||→ Skokie → Chicago|
|END ←||N S||→ Evanston → Rogers Park, Chicago|
|Kenosha ← Winnetka ←||N S||→ Evanston → Chicago|