Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Small Cyclades are located between Naxos, Ios and Amorgos. Small Cyclades group consists of a complex of 32 small islands, 4 of which are inhabited, and numerous rocky islets. Tiny, calm, with golden beaches and turquoise waters they form a small paradise. Since 1994 they belong in the prefecture of Naxos.
- Mild Mediterranean, typical of Cyclades islands with summer north winds (meltemia).
- Donoussa - Area: 13,75 km - Population: 163 inhabitants with density at 12 per kilometre square.
- Ano Koufonisi - Area: 3,5 km - Population: 366 inhabitants with density at 105 per kilometre square.
- Kato Koufonisi - Area: 4,3 km - Population: 2 inhabitants with density at 2 per kilometre square.
- Keros - Area: 15 km - Population: No inhabitants.
- Schinoussa - Area: 8,51 km - Population: 206 inhabitants with density at 24 per kilometre square.
- Iraklia - Area: 17,79 km - Population: 151 inhabitants with density at 8 per kilometre square.
- By ferry from Piraeus: During the summer there is a daily service from Piraeus to the islands of Small Cyclades by ferry. It takes 6 to 8 hours to get there, depending on which island you want to visit. During the winter the service runs twice a week.
- By ferry from Naxos: “Skopelitis”, the legendary ferry, runs daily during the whole year round and connects Amorgos and Naxos with Eastern Small Cyclades.
- By ferry from the rest of Cyclades: The ferry: “Panagia Tinou” provides weekly connections with eastern Cyclades. Every Monday it sets sail from Syros, via Paros and Naxos and heads for the island of Donoussa, Amorgos (Egiali and Katapola), Koufonissia, Schinoussa, Iraklia and then returns via Naxos and Paros to Syros.
- By air: From "Eleftherios Venizelos" airport you can get to port of Piraeus in half an hour. If you would rather get closer to Small Cyclades islands by air, you can get a flight to Naxos or Paros. Also you can get to all the islands by helicopter.