North America > United States of America > Texas > Hill Country > West (Hill Country) > Sonora (Texas)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Caverns of Sonora, Caverns of Sonora Road (off I-10 8 miles west of town), ☏ . Consistently called by speleologists as one of the most beautiful caves in the country, the cavern has a host of unique, impossible-looking formations. Guided tours leave every half-hour for a somewhat strenuous 1.5 mile path underground.
- [dead link] Eaton Hill Wildlife Sanctuary. 37-acre nature park with 3 miles of hiking trails, with both Hill Country and Chihuahua Desert wildlife. Open during daylight hours. Free.
- [dead link] Downtown walking tour. Self-guided tour which hits 18 points of interest around town. Brochures are available from the website.
- La Mexicana, 240 Highway 277 N # 3088, ☏ . Better than the average small-town Mexican restaurant.
- Days Inn, 1312 N Service Rd, ☏ . The hotel is older and thus cheaper than some area hotels, but the rooms are spacious and clean, and include mini-fridge and microwave.
- Comfort Inn, 311 N Hwy 277, ☏ . Clean and quiet, with free high-speed internet. Mini-fridge and microwave in every room.
- X Bar Ranch, about 23 miles north of town near the town of Eldorado. 7100-acre guest ranch with camping and cabin lodging. Other features include 16 miles of nature trails and a swimming pool.
|Routes through Sonora|
|El Paso ← Ozona ←||W E||→ Kerrville → San Antonio|
|San Angelo ← Eldorado ←||N N||→ Del Rio → Carrizo Springs|