South Jutland is in Denmark.
- 1 Slotsgaden in Møgeltønder (5Km west of Tønder). Beautiful main street with paving-stones and flanked with lime trees.
- 2 Frøslevlejren (Padborg is closest train station), ☎ . Tu-Fr 09:00-16:00; Sa-Su,PH 10:00-17:00; Jun 18-Aug 10 10:00-17:00; Dec-Jan off. World War II prison camp. Now a museum about the German surveillance, the life of the prisoners, and the deportations to concentration camps in Germany. free.
- 3 Mandø Island. can only be reached at low tide from Vester Vedsted. Has some interesting wildlife, and nature conservancy, ornithology, and mud-flat exhibitions (some seasonal). Trips from here on to Koresand sandbank, which has a seal reserve, are also possible and take around 3 hours.
- 4 Ballum Pump Mills. Small museum operated by volunteers documenting local events. The Pump Mill were used to provide drinking water for cattle. free.
- 5 Løgum Abbey (Løgumkloster), Slotsgade 11, Løgumkloster (in Løgumkloster town), ☎ . Mo-Sa 10:00-18:30, Su 12:00-17:00. The Cistercian Løgum Abbey was founded in 1173 by Bishop Stefan of Ribe. The church is closed for renovation until Easter 2015, but the monastery is open to the public. free.
- 6 Museum Sønderjylland Skærbæk (In Skærbæk), ☎ . Jun-Sep Mo-Sa 12:00-16:00. Small museum on the local area around year 1900. Displays local Skærbæk carpets, Rømø living rooms, and a 1930-s grocery store. DKK 40.
- 7 Mekanisk Museum, ☎ . Mar 15-Oct 15 10:30-16:30; Mo,Fr off. Old cars and agricultural machines DKK 50.
Try Grønlangkål and Snysk med Flæsk
- 1 Skibelund Krat, Skibelund Krat 4, Vejen (Off the beaten path on a hill outside Vejen.), ☎ . 11:30-21:00. Fine dining with a view at reasonable prices. DKK 260 two course dinner.