Jump to navigation Jump to search
South Zealand is in Denmark.
- 1 Faxe
- 2 Glumsø - small town close to Sorø
- 3 Haslev - town close to the large estates, Gisselfeld Abbey and Bregentved Estate
- 4 Køge - a nice well preserved old city center. The beautiful Vallø manor and the 15 meter Stevns chalk cliffs within easy reach
- 5 Næstved - the largest city in the region
- 6 Præstø - coastal town in southeastern Zealand
- 7 Store Heddinge
- 8 Vordingborg
- Rødvig, Fishing village, with popular marina.
- 1 Koldkrigsmuseum Stevnsfort, Korsnæbsvej 60, Rødvig, ☏ . Apr-Oct: daily 10am-5pm. Cold War museum, in former fortress dug into the white chalk cliffs of Stevns. There is free access on the surface, but you have to take a guided tour to go underground DKK 110.
- 2 [formerly dead link] Avnø Naturcenter, Flyvervej 40, Avnø (South of Næstved). open 24/7. Watch seals and birds from the observation deck (former control tower in military airport). free.
- 1 Villa Gallina, Villa Gallinavej 3, Haslev (between Haslev and Næstved), ☏ . Mar-Apr Sa-Su 12:00-16:00; May-Aug We-Su 12:00-16:00; Sep-Dec Sa-Su 12:00-16:00 "(Special buffet at Christmas, Easter etc)". Charming old restaurant in the woods. Lunch: DKK 120, Dinner DKK 200.