Jump to navigation Jump to search
Southbury has many car services, most of which you can catch at either the Crowne Plaza Hotel or the Heritage Hotel. Many people prefer to bike through town if the season allows it.
- Shepaug Dam.
- Adam Broderick Salon & Spa, 730 Main St S, ☏ . M-W 8:30AM-9PM, Th 8:30AM-10PM, Sa 8AM-6PM, Su 8AM-5PM. The Adam Broderick Salon and Spa is one of Southbury's most popular relaxation spots. They offer full body massages as well as facial and skin treatments.
- Gayle O'Neill Fine Jewelry, 775 Main St S, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-6PM, Su noon-5PM. This privately owned jewelry shop offers both men and women's jewelry in a variety of styles. They're very reasonably priced and the store has an overall pleasant feel to it.
- [dead link] Marie's Country Furnishings, 330 Main St S, ☏ . M-W, F 9:30AM-7PM, Th 9:30AM-8PM, Sa 9:30AM-6PM, Su 11AM-5PM. This cute small store has a collection of different craft collectables and unique home decor.
- [dead link] Newbury Place, 41 Oak Tree Rd, ☏ . Tu-Sa 9:30AM-5:30PM, Su 11AM-4PM. Newbury Place carries a unique selection of gifts, clothing, jewelry, purses and accessories. A favorite gift shop for both Southbury natives and visitors.
- Class Cycles, 77 Main St N, ☏ . M-Th 10AM-6PM, F 10AM-7PM, Sa 10AM-5PM. Class Cycles sells both used and new bikes, and they also do bike repairs. Friendly, knowledgeable staff.
- Heritage Deli, 466 Heritage Rd, ☏ . M-F 8AM-5PM. Heritage Deli has been a popular deli for sandwich lovers for many years. They have a wide selection of both cold and hot sandwiches and take special orders if you want to create your own combination.
- Denmo's Snack & Dairy Bar, 340 Main St S, ☏ . Spring and summer hours: 11AM-10PM daily. The hours vary according to season. Located in the center of town, Denmo's is the traditional American hotdog location. With a reasonably priced menu and variety of food like onion rings, hamburgers, and clam strips, it makes it a worthwhile place to dine.
- Leo's Restaurant, 7 Poverty Rd, ☏ . M-F 7AM-7PM, Sa 7AM-5PM. A small Italian family owned restaurant with a beautiful balcony view. The food is inexpensive and the staff are always pleasant.
- DiPalma's Pizza, Union Square, ☏ . Tu-Sa 11AM-9:30PM, Su noon-9PM. DiPalma's is one of the many pizza places in Southbury. Their New York style pizza is hard to beat and the tastiest in town.
- Rathskeller Bar & Grill, 88 Main St S, ☏ . M-Sa 11:30AM-2AM. The Rathskeller is a small bar and grill located on the corner of Main St South. Its friendly atmosphere and reasonably priced drinks make it a popular place in the evening.
- [dead link] Fairways Tavern & Terrace, 137 E Hill Rd, ☏ . Tu-Su noon-9PM. Found within the Southbury Country Club, Fairways Tavern & Terrace is a full-service lunch and dinner restaurant and bar.
- The Lodge Bar & Grill, 1455 Southford Rd, ☏ . Su-Th 11:30AM-1AM, F-Sa 11:30AM-2AM. Located on the edge of Southbury and Southford, The Lodge Bar & Grill offers a lunch and dinner service in many comfortable environments, including an inviting dining room, outdoor patio, pub, and lounge.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1284 Strongtown Rd (off Exit 16 on I-84), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Daily breakfast specials.
- The Heritage Hotel, 522 Heritage Rd, ☏ . Surrounded by a scenic hillside, the hotel boasts a wide variety of relaxing and entertaining activities, ranging from an indoor spa and jacuzzi to Zumba and golf memberships.
|Routes through Southbury|
|Danbury ← Newtown ←||W E||→ Waterbury → Hartford|
|Danbury ← Newtown ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Bristol|